Job title: Assembly Project Engineer
Salary Range: £30.00 to £35.00 per hour
A Project Engineer is required with knowledge of Assembly Processes. Candidates with experience of the Automotive industry would be well received.
This company based in Telford requires a highly organised Assembly Project Engineer with BIW experience for a new 3-month contract.
As an Assembly Project Engineer you will be required to:
- Develop assembly processes from customer engineering drawings.
- Create RFQ documents for suppliers to quote equipment and processes against based on an expected OEE, cycle time, quality expectation.
- Responsible for the delivery of new assembly processes as defined in Equipment realisation procedure (CE-PPI-WI-0158).
- Lead all project engineering requirements / activities in the feasibility, Process, Layout, Design, Supplier, OK to ship, automation, PSW and Plant Buy off.
- Technical contact for the contracted equipment supplier, technical reviews (CE-PPI-FM-0216) identifying risks (CE-PPI-FM-0215) and status (Oxo).
- Understand Contract deliverables for the supplier, Content and Payment profile.
- Responsible for assembly engineering functional work plans to support steering meeting (CE-PPI-FM-0212).
- Confirm cycle times, capacity, manning, ergonomics, layouts, logistics of parts around the cell.
- Pre- build planning, parts manufacture at supplier, PCF requirements, Quality measurement.
- Raise BOMC in line with Supplier Invoices (sign off by Engineer with BOMC, pass to PM).
- Create pack for acceptance to ship (buy off, PFU, tear down reports, quality reports) sign off by PM, Plant.
- Update the Tooling registers for JLR fixtures and Equipment register for new equipment delivered to site.
- Ensure final documentation supplied by equipment manufacturers, CE, details and TPM schedules.
- Supplier technical management, relationship with supplier, Daily management of supplier delivery with escalation to PM and purchase (issues and timing)
The Assembly Project Engineer should have the following skills or experience:
- Qualified to HNC level or equivalent in Manufacturing / Mechanical Engineering.
- Experience in a Body in White engineering environment.
- Considerable welding, joining and assembly experience (mig, spot, adhesives, curing, joining, riveting) including process approval, design approval, supplier management, tracking and tool buy-off.
- Understanding of customer product quality expectations, including the full body expectation where the assemblies will be finally located.
- A sound understanding of ferrous materials & basic engineering processes is essential.
- Knowledge and experience of project management tools.
- Knowledge and experience of estimating preferred (including synthetics and cost estimating for changes).
- Experience of APQP, SPC, FMEA, PPAP and control plans.
- Ideally experience of OEM CAD systems (Catia V4 V5 etc.) or Viewing software such as Spin-fire.
- Knowledge and experience of estimating (including Work Study/Synthetics)
- Experience of working in a TS16949 environment preferable.
- Driving Licence is essential.
This is an excellent opportunity for anyone with knowledge of customer and product quality to develop your career. In return for your experience, this Telford-based Automotive company will offer you a competitive salary.
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon. If you have knowledge of supplier management and quality tools and you want to be considered, please apply today. If you have any questions about the Assembly Project Engineer role, please contact Georgia Silk at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01384 446 147