Coventry, West Midlands
£50000 - £80000 per annum
almost 2 years ago
Programme Manager - Electric Vehicle - Coventry - Perm/Contract £70k - £100k DOE
Searching for an automotive product development job with the opportunity to work on a highly innovative EV programme? The chance to work from blank page concept to basis of design?
This is an exceptional opportunity for automotive engineers to actualise designs, challenge their skills and push the boundaries of conceptual vehicle design within a leading company renowned for their expertise in automotive research & development.
What you will do
As Programme Manager;
- To programme manage the delivery of the Special Vehicles Project within the expected timeframe.
- To assist with the financial management of the programme, monitor budget performance and take pro-active action based on data analysis
- To establish the programme & project governance to meet the requirement of the stakeholders.
- To lead the programme via planning, monitoring and controlling activity and actions on a daily, weekly and monthly basis, and being proactive in managing and escalating risks and major issues. In particular, helping in the formulation, commissioning and monitoring of specific projects, ensuring that all reporting and auditing requirements are met.
- To ensure all work packages have detailed plans, descriptions, timing, dependencies and responsibilities.
- To develop and manage the risk register for the programme that is in line with the stakeholder organisations
What you will need
As programme Manager;
- Educated to degree level or equivalent in a business or technical subject.
- Extensive demonstrable senior management experience in the automotive industry
- Experience and a successful track record of project management over large scale projects.
- Significant experience of managing substantial R&D projects with a track record of successful delivery
- Strong interpersonal skills together with the ability to persuade and influence both external partners and internal colleagues.
- High level of self-motivation with ability to plan and deliver goals to deadlines, managing large budgets within resource constraints at a senior level and under pressure.
- Strong leadership skills, excellent verbal and written communication skills.
What you will get
As Programme Manager;
- Experience of working on a highly innovative project from concept stage.
- Ongoing training and development.
- The chance to work in excellent facilities.
- Career advancement.
Suitably qualified and experienced Programme Managers should apply today by either calling Jeff Lane on +44 (0)1384 446108 or by emailing their CV and covering letter