Programme Manager - Coventry
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Global Programme Manager with an established engineering but globally expanding company, who are world renowned in the Rail and Construction industries for the design development and manufacture of energy absorption products.
The Global Programme Manager will lead the implementation and delivery of major Programmes and Projects, across the Group's new and established facilities. Whether for New Product Introduction, new plant and equipment or Continuous Improvement projects across all facilities working closely with Global Senior Management and local country managers to lead cross functional teams.
- Develop 'Master' Project Management Systems to control major projects - production start-ups, product localisation, new product introduction, efficiency improvements and lean enterprise projects.
- Address critical issues on complex programmes and leads the teams to develop action plans to improve performance.
- Leading the development of programme plans covering mature and new product development projects.
- Serve as key presenter and facilitator at major programme reviews. Ensures meeting actions are documented, communicated and actioned.
- Works with senior management to link Idea generation.
- Drive improvements in NPI process to ensure transition to production is seamless.
- Initiate and implement Continuous Improvement programmes throughout the Group with a Best in Class vision.
- Visit all sites especially during Programme or Project initiatives.
- Able to travel worldwide - up to 50% of the time.
- Carry out full monthly and quarterly KPI reporting and forecasting
Qualifications Skills and Experience
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering Degree, or science related discipline
- Previous Senior Management experience in a manufacturing environment, ideally from a precision machining background.
- Ability to demonstrate business skills and lead cross-functional teams across a suite of related projects and countries.
- Previous International travel and project or programme experience including NPI or facility start up would be advantageous.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with good influencing ability.
- Demonstrable Continuous Improvement achievements ideally with Six Sigma certification.
- Experience of integrated project management with diverse skills and cultures.
- Experience with an MRP system is an advantage
- Salary negotiable dependent upon experience.
- Pension scheme.
If you are interested in this role please forward your CV and contact details to Philip Delaloye at or for more details call +44(0)1384446192.