Our client, a leading manufacturer of niche defence products, requires a Programme Manager to generate, maintain and delivery of project plans.
Key Responsibilities of the Programme Manager:
- Defining, generating and executing project plans
- Product introduction from initial concept into production at agreed target production rates and costs
- Coordinating resource planning with other business functions
- Coordinating project financial forecasting.
- Improving project value and project margin through the proactive management of project risks
- Project reporting, both internally and to customers
- Performance appraisals of team members
- Developing effective working relationships with the customer
- Addressing ongoing management issues
Key Skills and Requirements for the Programme Manager:
- Previous experience of planning, managing and delivering multiple projects, including production, development of technology projects involving small to medium batch manufacturing.
- Experience of bidding processes in order to secure future orders
- Engineering and/or project management background
- Degree-qualified or equivalent experience.
- Excellent commercial and financial understanding is required.
- Knowledge and experience of Project Management software tools such as Primavera or Microsoft Project
- Some overseas travel may be required
- Knowledge of defence and aerospace applications would be an advantage.
- Experience of effective risk management and mitigation
If you are interested in applying for this excellent opportunity, please apply today or contact Sarah Davies on 01384 446 143 for further information.