Birmingham, West Midlands
over 1 year ago
Competitive Salary and Package
A talented Programme Buyer is required by leading Automotive Tier 1. As Programme Buyer you will be responsible for the fulfilment of purchasing objectives within the Programme Team, co-ordination and procurement of direct material and related tooling and equipment for a specific programme.
As well as working to ensure on-time sourcing for programs and delivery at or below target cost for piece price, tooling, etc. you will work effectively with the project team to meet targets for quality, delivery and other cost areas. Other responsibilities will include:
- Work with engineering, Strategic Commodity team, Program Managers, to ensure supplier performance and program deliverables are met.
- Lead program profitability improvement activities across the supply chain.
- Liaise with Strategic Commodity Buyer and Supplier Management, Communicate timings and sourcing milestones and cost target.
- Manage and process supplier impact of engineering changes (ECN) after completion of Initial Sourcing by the Commodity Team through job 1 plus 90 days.
- Bill of Material, Tools and Equipment cost tracking and reporting.
- Identify cost and timing issues and resolve them. Escalation process if required.
- Communicate supplier risks to project team.
- Represent Purchasing at a variety of reviews related to program launch (sourcing committee, design review, Launch Readiness review Executive Launch Reviews, program review, change management meeting, etc.)
We are seeking a procurement professional with a strong commercial or technical background, who offers:
- Minimum 3 years within the industry, automotive or commodity related, purchasing experience operational and strategic involvement.
- In depth understanding of purchasing tools and practices.
- Ability to analyse cost structures/drivers relating to supplier price submissions and negotiate prices, timing, and terms.
- Proven knowledge of purchasing tools, negotiation methods, and business communications.
- Working Knowledge of cost improvement/containment topics.
- Solid organizational and time/project management skills.
- Team oriented with good communication skills.
- PC knowledge (MS-Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Controlling and cost analysis knowledge.
Are you a talented Buyer seeking the opportunity to work within a dynamic and challenging manufacturing environment? Do you offer the above skills and experience? If so, please forward you latest CV or call me directly on 01384 446162 for further details.