£38.04 - 38.04 per hour
Title: Programme and Procurement Buyer (SVO) - 37141
Contract Position based at: Gaydon
Rate: up to £38.04/hr Ltd rate (which equals c£29.29/hr PAYE rate) - Inside IR35
Programme And Procurement Buyer (Special Vehicle Operations)
This is a unique opportunity to combine a programme role with a procurement role reporting within the Special Vehicle Operations Programmes Purchasing team. The role is to manage the interface between Global Purchasing and Special Vehicles Programme Management Teams, to ensure that parts/systems sourcing, cost, quality, capacity verification and timing are all delivered against agreed plans.
Furthermore, the role requires to engage in sourcing activities that deliver against said plans in relation to Bespoke Programmes, as well as responsible for all post sourcing and contract management activities for designated commodities. This role is also a pivotal role for interface with other key functions and acts as a core conduit for true cross functional working across Production Purchasing, MP&L, STA, Product Engineering, Cost Engineering and Manufacturing.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities for Strategy, Sourcing and Cost Management
- Responsible for the execution of commodity and supplier strategy, and the effective operational relationships with each of designated suppliers in region, ensuring that they adopt and follow the commodity strategy that delivers improved purchase operational performance
- Be responsible for issue and analysis of quotes and liaise with suppliers to ensure sourcing in line with policy and to agreed targets and deploy a total cost of ownership approach
- Conduct supplier negotiations Manage all new Model Programme introduction of designated commodity/system, including contracted supplier obligations, production readiness and resolution of any commercial and/or programme issues/risks, being responsible for robust delivery to target cost
- Ensuring effective cost management of designated commodities and supplier post sourcing which will involve launching commodities on new products at their target cost as well as achieving year on year cost reduction on current spend to deliver targets
- Supplier relationship management through business reviews and KPI monitoring
- Validation activities of commercial/contractual elements and costs
Key Performance Indicators
- Achievement of Purchasing deliverables (sourcing, capacity etc)
- Deliver accurate and on time reporting of workstream metrics/status.
- Delver accurate and clear communications to Programme Teams & Global Purchasing Teams
- Supplier performance management New Model Programme Cost Achievement (Post nomination)
- Supplier performance management
- An individual, who works independently, is results driven, demonstrating tenacity, drive and perseverance with the ability to deliver operational plans in a complex, highly demanding environment.
- An individual with the capability to combine a short term, pragmatic focus with medium term planning
- A resilient and enthusiastic who responds constructively to new ideas and inputs
- A good communicator with the ability to communicate complex ideas
- An effective team player, actively develops and supports team members
Degree qualified or equivalent experience
To apply for this position please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.