Programme and Operations Manager
We are looking to find a pro-active Programme and Operations Manager for a leader in outsourced engineering services and solutions for the most trusted names in Aero Engines, Aerospace & Defence to deliver solutions across the complete product life cycle, based at their facilities in Derby.
The Programme and Operations Manager is tasked with the co-ordination of multiple project teams within a given business area of responsibility; ensuring the achievement of timely delivery of a quality product and overall profitability performance in line with the company objectives
Key responsibilities as the Programme and Operations Manager:
- Responsible for timely response to RFQ/RFI requirements
- Responsible for maintaining effective and value enhancing project control processes.
- Responsible for the overall monitoring and reporting of project performance.
- Responsible for the effectiveness of the QMS and the adherence to same by the engineering community.
- Deputising for the Head of UK OBU as and when required.
- Structured, regular and effective internal and external communication, providing a key point of contact for customers and staff.
- Implements and supports LEAN, process, and other company initiatives.
- Assists in the development of effective business processes and metrics.
- Provide a conduit for ensuring harmonisation of approach across the engineering business streams.
- Work with existing customers to identify potential new business areas and co-ordinate effort across the business to turn these into contracted work.
- Take responsibility for offload of work to the Group Global Organisation.
- Degree, HND/HNC or equivalent
- Experience in an Aerospace discipline, with leadership responsibility
- A strong understanding of technology trends and experience of managing programmes from a project and financial perspective
- Leading large, multi-disciplined teams on a variety of aerospace-related projects.
- Able to motivate and co-ordinate teams in order to facilitate the development of innovative yet cost-effective engineering solutions to complex technical problems.
- Demonstrate strong leadership skill and the ability to enable effective communication in a pressurised team environment.
- Possess a proactive, can-do attitude that encourages and supports their peers, teams and management team.
- Negotiable dependent upon experience
- Plus Car, Healthcare and Pension
if you believe you have the relevant skills and experience and wish to apply please send your CV to Philip Delaloye on or call on 01384446192
DISCLAIMER: Due to the nature of work candidates should be a UK citizen, EU Citizen or Valid work permit holder with the ability for Security Clearance.