Program Manager - Auto - Cov - £50K/£65K Plus Car & Bens
Are you a Program Manager with extensive knowledge in the launch and delivery of strategic projects within the 1st Tier Automotive arena, predominately within the interior systems arena?
As the primary contact for all customer enquiries the Program Manager will support all current and future programs, coordinating all activities as required to ensure customer satisfaction.
Key responsibilities for the Program Manager will be to manage the introduction of new program launches and control engineering change processes to ensure deliverable are achieved on time and on budget.
Main Responsibilities will be:
- Establish and build effective customer interfaces at all levels of the business.
- Lead the program and manufacturing teams to deliver future MY changes and new model launches, ensuring engineering/cost/quality and timing objectives are defined and achieved.
- Control, track and report program status throughout the program life to Senior Management using Gateway / Profile system.
- Focus the team on delivery of program and customer sign off (PPAP approval) to ensure customer cost recovery in line with Corporate requirements.
- Develop and maintain program timing plans and budgets to match internal and external customer requirements.
- Manage tooling timing and budget to support program milestones.
- Define workload and resource requirements in conjunction with functional departmental managers to deliver on time and on budget.
- Ensure all relevant Lear Corporation procedures are followed when delivering the program.
Key skills and experience for the Program Manager:
- Degree qualification or equivalent
- Interior and/or Seating Systems design and development experience.
- Proven Project / Program Management experience (LPMP / GPDS / Gateways etc)
- Commercial / financial awareness
- Ability to motivate a team and drive problem resolution through hands on approach.
- Understanding of APQP processes and deliverables.
- Highly motivated and able to define and meet program deliverables by motivating team to achieve.
- Ability to communicate at all levels with internal and external customers on program, engineering and commercial issues.
- Effective relationship building skills with customer interfaces - both internal and external.
- Leadership and people management skills to ensure individuals are developed to their full potential.
For further information please contact Mark Bignell on 01384 446167 or email