5 months ago
Job title: Program Manager - Automotive (3 Month Contract)
The Program Manager is responsible for the business, account and program development of their assigned industries throughout the assigned customer/country base. This includes the program requirements identification, selection and acquisition of support services (tooling, Tier 2's and so on), that have to be in line with the strategic measurements of the Transportation Business Unit. PM needs to support the program feasibility checks (strategic, commercial, technical) and has full program responsibility from the programme award to SOP (start of production to approx job 1 + 90 days). Throughout the development process the PM needs to support the team to ensure that the program budget will be met. Programme profitability responsibility will stay with the PM throughout the entire program which includes revenue goal achievements.
- Inline with the clients modification guidelines and also to meet SBU’s strategic goals and objectives, assess the commercial and manufacturing viability of projects, working closely with the sales team. Ensure all modification drawings as created to meet customer specifications and approval.
- Liaise closely with Supply Chain Management, where appropriate, to maintain regular communications with sub contractors, tool makers as necessary. Develop a timing and tracking process to provide regular updates for cost, timing, quality and other project key measurables
- Program/Project Development: Support direct and indirect team members and be aligned with Key Account Managers in customer focused meetings. Be an expert in managing and developing spread sheets and in the use of Microsoft project. Have clear and competent ability to run an APQP style programme and give KAM's support with SOW's, Warranty conditions, tooling quotes and associated technical needs that are designed into targeted programs (feasibility check), ensure that customer requirements are "translated" and fed back into the organisation (incl. commercial and technical requirements).
- Kick off program management process to ensure that a work on the identified programs establishes program budget (engineering hours, tooling budget, piece cost budget, program management hours) together with Engineering Manager / & BDM. Recommend piece price/tooling cost to Key Account Manager for further review, ensure cost targets, quality requirements and timelines are met with the lowest possible manpower and cost effort.
- Develop and maintain open project list as a visible communication and management tool. Generate monthly or bi-weekly engineering projects reports and conduct Weekly engineering review meetings with Engineering Manager and Sales Managers. Establish and develop realistic and achievable business goals for each assigned Programme and formerly review their performance on an individual basis, at least quarterly with the GM.
- Provide support, assistance and direction to each assigned Transportation Key Account Manager in the development of their personal selling and program management skills and in the development of the Transportation business, key accounts and key programs. Provide both pre call guidance and post call feedback, make joint sales visits with account managers.
- Program management skills and project management experience
- Project Management Qualification (APM, Prince2 etc.)
- Detailed automotive/industry experience - 5+ years
- Good manufacturing knowledge (basic processes, e.g. injection moulding, die casting, metal forming)
- Good financial and cost breakdown (standard automotive procedure) knowledge
- Good quality system knowledge (QS9000 required, VDA 6 prefered
- Excellent RFQ (request for quotation) process knowledge
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon. If you want to be considered, please apply today. If you have any questions about the Software Engineer role, please contact Shannon Harling at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01384 446168.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.