about 1 year ago
Automotive Tier 1
Program Buyer required by leading automotive Tier 1 manufacturer. With an extensive global customer base, contributing to over 300 vehicle platforms across a broad range of transportation OEMs. Representing the purchasing team as part of a global project team across program launches, on-time sourcing, as well as working effectively as part of the project team.
Reporting directly to the European Purchasing Program Manager, as Program Buyer, you will be:
- Leading the fulfillment of the procurement objectives within the Programme Team, co-ordination and procurement of direct material, tooling and related equipment for a specific programme in line with Company guidelines and procedures.
- Represent purchasing, ensuring on-time sourcing for programs and delivery at or below target cost for piece price, tooling, etc.
- Developing and implementing a program sourcing strategy driving the sourcing of new components in line with the Commodity Team strategy for the allocated programme.
- Driving cost reductions for Gap closure, supplier management through timing and delivery, enhance quality performance and support programs til Job 1 +90.
- Lead all purchasing activities throughout initial program gateways for GDLS and launching process management, ultimately serving as the technical lead.
- Purchase components and material as a key member of the project core team, working with Engineering at initial sourcing and communicating changes and design levels to the Commodity team.
- Review material costs on assigned programs regularly to identify opportunities for reductions and improvements and ensure the supplier costs are within/lower than the Programme Budget.
- Ensure compliance with Purchasing processes and procedures.
- Coordinate regularly with Commodity Managers to provide new business leverage.
We are seeking an experienced Program Buyer,who offers:
- Commercial or technical degree or appropriate procurement experience.
- Proven industry experience, automotive or commodity related, purchasing experience operational and strategic involvement.
- Ability to analyze cost structures/drivers relating to supplier price submissions and negotiate prices, timing, and terms.
- Deep knowledge of purchasing tools, negotiation methods, and business communications.
- Working Knowledge of cost improvement/containment topics.
- Solid organizational and time/project management skills.
- Team oriented with good communication skills.
- PC knowledge (MS-Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Controlling and cost analysis knowledge.
- Fluent in English, German (preferred) and/or Swedish (preferred)
This is an excellent opportunity for a procurement specialist and in return for your program purchasing expertise we offer a competitive salary and benefits package. Interested? Please forward your CV asap to firstname.lastname@example.org or contact Lisa direct on 01384 446162 for further details.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.