Title: Production Supervisor
Automotive, 1st Tier, JIT, Production, Assembly
Three to four Production Supervisors are required with knowledge of production process, JIT, H&S and leadership are required to support production activities across three shifts. Candidates with experience of the automotive industry are essential for this key position within the organisation.
Due to a significant increase in new projects and growth in order books this company, a world class 1st Tier supplier with sites in the West Midlands and Worcestershire requires a highly committed and 'hands on' Production Supervisor with strong leadership quality with excellent problem-solving experience for a new permanent role. As a Production Supervisor, you will be required to:
- Supervise the Production team members on to ensure that all responsibilities are met in a timely manner.
- Liaise with all customers as required in order to effectively communicate any issues affecting ability to supply.
- Supervise the adherence to basic plant standards in production and escalation procedure.
- Supervise the attendance and conduct of Production employees, applying the company disciplinary procedure as and when required.
- Support and lead the utilisation of an effective Practical Problem-Solving approach to all issues.
- Utilise standard reporting tools to communicate key performance indicators.
- Conduct Performance Reviews for team members in conjunction with Departmental Managers as required.
- Continually consider and propose, where appropriate, new methods of implementing and controlling standards to continuously improve the performance of the company.
- Ensure that SOX requirements are supported as appropriate
The Production Supervisor should have the following skills or experience:
- In a JIT environment and assembly operations.
- Minimum 3+ years in Supervisory role in Operational discipline.
- Management presence with ability to drive adherence to standards.
- Of direct customer contact and utilization of Lean tools and applications.
- People development and leadership experience.
This is an excellent opportunity for anyone with knowledge of people leadership, problem solving and high-volume production environment (ideally automotive). In return for your experience, this automotive company will offer you:
- A long-term contract with competitive rates
- An excellent working environment with a world class organisation
- Potential for progression and development
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon. If you have knowledge of being a Team/Cell Leader, Production Supervision and/or Production Management within an automotive arena and want to be considered, please apply today. If you have any questions about the Production Supervisors role, please contact Mark Bignell at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01384 446167 or via email at