Job title: Production Supervisor
Salary Range - £32,000 - £38,000 p.a.
Work pattern - Shift
Industry - Manufacturing
A Production Supervisor is required with knowledge of manufacturing processes and providing leadership and direction. Candidates with experience of the FMCG industry would be well received.
Due to demand of the well-established company, a Slough based company requires a Production Supervisor for a permanent role. As a Production Supervisor, you will be required to:
- Be a safety champion, report all incidents, make sure all PPE is worn, defines the fire marshals and ensures all operators have their training folders
- Ensure the SOP are being utilised to meet product quality specifications. Improve quality and reduce scrap by improving staff skill set. In case of a quality defect the supervisor investigates the root cause, implements corrective actions and monitors the effectiveness
- Monitor the performance and deadlines to achieve set goals and communicate them to their team
- Ensure all cleaning schedules and plant maintenance sheets are filled-out by machine operators
- Prepare and submit performance reports
- Organise and maintain an efficient and documented shift handover
- Guide and train employees, monitor their performance and attitude towards work, improve their skills and knowledge by using appropriate PIP and PDPs
- Pass on information from upper management to employees and vice versa through meetings
- Ensure adherence to company policies and procedures and undertake disciplinary actions if needed
- Cover holiday and absences between supervisors
- Liaise among different departments, e.g. Quality, Logistics, Engineering, Sales and HR
The Production Supervisor will be degree qualified within the manufacturing environment or similar and should have the following skills or experience:
- Ability to lead and make decisions in a pressured environment
- Able to support and develop a team to achieve results
- Ability to persuade and influence at all levels
- Ability to analyse and report data effectively
- Excellent planning and organisation skills
- Ability to adapt and respond to change
- Able to demonstrate ability to achieve objectives and exceed expectations
- 5S and Continuous Improvement experience
- Ability to problem solve in an innovative and flexible manner
This is an excellent opportunity for anyone who would like to develop their career. In return for your experience, this Slough based manufacturer will offer you:
- £32,000 - £38,000 p.a.
- Career development opportunities
- Overtime 1.5X Mon - Sat | 2X Sunday
- 5% Bonus
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon. If you have knowledge of manufacturing and you want to be considered, please apply today. If you have any questions about the Production Supervisor role, please contact Harry Corper at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01268889263.