almost 2 years ago
As soon as possible
Permanent position - Slough
Salary Negotiable plus shift allowance
The Production Supervisor is responsible for providing leadership and direction for the production in their shift. The Production Supervisor will oversee workflow and are responsible for coaching, resolving issues and serving as a link between personnel and the Production Manager.
Due to increased workloads, this company, the industry leader in food packaging solutions require a Production Supervisor. As the Production Supervisor you will be required to:
- Monitor performance and deadlines to achieve set goals and communicate to the team.
- Ensure the standard operating procedures SOP are being utilised to meet product quality specifications.
- Be a safety champion - report all incidents, ensure PPE is worn and make sure Operators have their training folders.
- In cases of quality defects, the Supervisor will investigate root cause, implement corrective actions and monitor effectiveness.
- Ensure cleaning schedules and plant maintenance documents are completed by Machine Operators.
- Organise and maintain an efficient and documented shift handover.
The Production Supervisor should have the following skills or experience:
- Experience of working in a Production Supervisor or Management role.
- Ideally a background in Flow Manufacturing.
- Ideally knowledge of multi-stage processes and a high-volume manufacturing environment.
- Knowledge of 5s and continuous improvement would be an advantage.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Prepared to work in a shift role - 3 shift including nights.
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon. If you have experience as a Production Supervisor and you want to be considered, please apply today. If you have any questions about the role, please contact Justin Wainwright at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01268 889267.