- Sector: Plastics
- Function: Manufacturing and production
- Contact: Fraser Nibbs
- Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Contact Phone: 07947 342669
- Expiry Date: 23 October 2021
- Job Ref: 58704
The company are one of the largest manufacturers of polymer compounds and are looking for confident Shift Production Manager to join their team. The position operates on a 3-shift rotating pattern reporting to the operations manager for compounds and recycling. Managing a team of 15-20 Operators the Shift Manager will be responsible for shift performance and ensuring a safe and efficient workplace is always maintained.
The Production Shift Manager duties will include:
- Identification of risks and issues which could lead to injury or illness, coordinating and assisting with risk assessments, pursuing outstanding actions, ensuring that safety concerns are raised to senior management and that corrective actions are deployed.
- Ensuring that the shift delivers each day to the planned requirements.
- Output rates and productivity. Ensuring output rates are optimised for quality, output and consistency
- Control of sickness and absence, management of holiday entitlements and thorough investigation for unapproved absence.
- Identifying training needs and gaps in competency, to ensure that training records are updated and that competency gaps are filled.
- Zoning and 5S - responsible for creating the best working environment possible considering reasonable limitations
- Adherence to Standard operating procedures, safe systems of work and toolbox talks.
- Reduction of waste. Identifying waste streams, implementing practical measures to reduce or eliminate waste in all areas, materials, movement, waiting, overproduction, overprocessing and defects.
The Production Shift Manager will have:
- The successful candidate will have experience of managing teams and will be able to demonstrate strong management and investigation skills.
- The successful candidate must lead by example, ensuring a safe and efficient work place is maintained at all times and ideally have a Health & Safety qualification or background. Experience in SMED, Lean, 8D, 5's is preferable.
To apply for this position, please forward you cv to email@example.com.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.