Competitive Plus Benefits
about 2 months ago
Production Shift Manager
Competitive Plus Benefits
Location: West Midlands
Production, Shift, Leadership, Manufacturing, IOSH, NEBOSH, IATF16949, CI, OEE, PPM, 8D
Our client a forward thinking and growing Automotive and General Engineering organisation with a track record of delivering world class products is seeking a Production Shift Manager to work on the twilight shift who can take charge of all production activities, leading a highly skills teams (15-20), managing health & safety initiatives while driving quality and process improvement initiatives. AS part of their continued growth they are looking for an experienced and proactive Production Shift Manager who can effectively plan and prioritize shift workload, drive quality, implement procedures, manage teams and create a quality culture through effective management.
The role of Production Shift Manager will be to lead the twilight shift, providing direction and support, driving and improving performance being the key player in the development of standardisation, quality driven processes & a safety orientated workplace striving to improve on the company’s core strategic objectives, ensuring full adherence to operational goals and targets. A hands-on approach and can-do attitude are essential, as is the ability to challenge mainstream thinking in a constructive and energetic way.
As a Production Shift Manager your main responsibilities will be to;
- Ensure that health and safety guidelines / procedures are always followed.
- Ensure the principals and measures of safety are implemented and practiced
- Ensure all safety metrics are communicated to management and team members on weekly basis.
- Ensure production plan is communicated on daily/weekly basis and delivered on time, in full.
- Ensure OEE / Efficiency is monitored and achieved hourly / daily / weekly / monthly.
- Ensure internal PPM is maintained and a continuous reduction in the total defect ratio is achieved.
- Ensure all 8D reporting concern & countermeasures related to the Cell are managed and communicated to/from Quality.
- Identify and coordinate with HR and Plant Manager any training needs in the team.
- Lead the shift team member annual performance review/appraisal process.
- Manage & monitor team Hols/Sick/Absence - coordinate backfill support from other Cell Leaders and/or Plant Manager if required.
- Work with Plant Maintenance Leader to ensure any equipment preventative maintenance is planned and manageable to the schedule.
- Drive operational excellence within areas such as OEE, On-Time delivery, cell optimisation, tooling changeover, PPM and HSE.
This is a challenging and exciting role and as such we are looking for a candidate who can demonstrate that they have the following:
- Experience of leading Production Teams and Shifts to deliver against key KPI’s within the automotive arena.
- HSE understanding & experience being able to drive standards across all areas of the shift
- Excellent people management capability, effective leadership, empowering and training others to achieve
- Self-driven achiever, who takes a problem-solving approach to their work and leads their team by example.
- Ability to work effectively & co-ordinate changing plans to tight timescales.
- Willingness to work with and support other departments in the organisation.
- Understands the right balance of being a team leader/player
- Performance/results driven
- Able to identify the skills gaps in the team and put a plan in place to support
- Ideally qualified to IOSH and/or NEBOSH
This is an excellent opportunity for anyone who can lead a production team (20) within a medium volume production environment delivering high quality products to the automotive arena. In return for your experience, this West Midlands based company will offer you:
- An excellent basic salary with benefits
- Excellent opportunity to be part of the management team within a growing business, being able to positively impact business operations across the shift through strong leadership and ability to deliver
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon. If you have knowledge in managing a production shift within an automotive arena with exposure to processed, fabricated and/or assembled products being a distinct advantage, especially at an SME level were adaptability and versatility is essential and want to be considered, please apply today. If you have any questions about the Production Shift Managers role, please contact Mark Bignell at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01384 446167 or email email@example.com
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.