£35k - 40k per year + additional benefits
7 months ago
A Production Setter/Engineer is urgently required for a new purpose built cutting-edge manufacturing facility based near Southam which will revolutionise the compressor technology market. This flagship project with a total investment of £65m is a joint business venture between one of the UK’s most innovative R&D Compressor Technology company’s and one of largest manufacturers in the UK to spearhead a new wave of precision manufacturing.
This role will be reporting to the engineering manager and you will be a critical team leader in developing new methods of manufacture for machining of internal components to drawings specifications. You will be required to working closely with the Engineering, Quality and Manufacturing teams to influence the design for manufacture on existing products and NPI.
Your duties and responsibilities for this critical role will include the following:
- Programme Mazak machines for various components on various machine platforms, during the start of setting up this new business.
- Be the hands on part of the NPI / design team introduction.
- Work closely with quality during 1st off to production.
- Lead process improvements and NPI projects to the shop floor.
- Develop the machining cells to ensure they are world class.
- Support the production team on a day to day basis to ensure timely delivery of customer expectations.
- Support the machining cells on real time problem resolution and technical issues.
- Be proactive in the recommendation of new or improved manufacturing techniques.
- Supply cost down analysis and project plans to reduce prime costs.
- Identify waist and define methods of reduction within the process to allow continual improvement.
To be considered for this role you will have a proven track record within a production or manufacturing environment. Our client is seeking applications from candidates that have a recognised technical apprenticeship, HNC level equivalent qualification in manufacturing engineering or time served industry experience. We will also be seeking this individual with have some of the following knowledge and experiences:
- A proven track record within Production / Manufacturing Engineering or similar.
- CNC machine tool programming (3, 4 & 5 axis machines).
- Setting up of new processes – 1st off production, tooling, programming etc.
- Able to read and interpret 2D drawings and models.
- Strong knowledge of machining techniques.
- A good knowledge of castings.
- A good knowledge of cutting tools.
- Knowledge of Mazak controls is desirable – training will be available (@ Mazak & offsite).
- Familiar with Quality Systems / PPAP & Environmental Issues.
In return our client can offer the opportunity to be involved in one of the most exciting engineering projects in region with genuine opportunities for career development within this newly formed organisation. A salary of £30,000 to £40,000pa is available with contributory pension, death in service and a total 33 days holiday per annum. The working hours for this role will be 7.30am to 4.30pm Monday to Thursday and 7.30am to 12.30pm on Fridays.
If you would like to discuss this fantastic opportunity in more detail then please call Les Hines on 01384 397555 or send your CV email@example.com.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.