Competitive Plus Benefits
Competitive Plus Benefits (Negotiable)
Location: South Wales
Production, Planning, Material Flow, MPS, MRP, ERP, SAP, BOMs, Production Systems, Scheduling
A Production Scheduler is required with knowledge of managing material tracking and flow within current production and new product introduction ideally within an automotive assembly or trim & final environment. Candidates with experience in the coordinating and managing material flow and production planning in a low/medium volume automotive assembly environment would be well received.
Due to expansion and growth this company, an innovative organisation who build niche vehicles in South Wales requires a forward thinking and proactive Production Scheduler with a track record in managing the material flow within a complex assembly operation working with cross functional teams to ensure the smooth coordination, planning and delivery of material from suppliers and through the manufacturing operation is achieved to meet build demands for current and new vehicle programmes. As a Production Scheduler you will be required to:
- Maintain the MPS for all assembled manufactured products in line with customer requirements and available capacity via regular reviews of the MPS.
- Adhere to the production plan weekly, ensuring maximum customer satisfaction and best production efficiency working with ERP and MRP systems.
- BOM creation and routings to support material planning activities.
- Organise production builds to satisfy customer demand & avoid line stoppage.
- Regular liaison with Senior Manager regarding line running rates and any potential line problems, reviewing factory production reports, monitor reasons for variance, and advise manager of such.
- Investigate all large schedule fluctuations, liaise with customers to ascertain reasons while keep manager informed of such to enable us to recover costs where necessary.
- Ensure adequate checks exist regarding the availability of parts for build avoiding supply crisis.
- Support purchased part/material rescheduling requirements with suppliers and confirm delivery dates.
- Monitor supplier performance and discuss with each supplier on a weekly basis.
- Help to expedite all critical purchase parts with suppliers (availability, late customer deliveries etc) and maintain promise data.
- Monitor finished goods stock levels maintaining inventory policies in line with agreed KPI’s.
- Monitor A/M availability & issue report of shortages, reasons & promised dates for all parts.
- Resolve with Managers any capacity issues.
- Investigate and resolve all purchased part/material stock and delivery queries.
As a Production Scheduler you will have:
- Experience in production scheduling ideally within an assembly environment
- An understanding of manufacturing processes
- Have an appreciation of wider business demands
- Ability to work well with others in a team environment, providing input and feedback in a helpful manner
- Be numerate and have good oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and ability to work under pressure and prioritize own workload as required
- Uphold an upbeat “can do” attitude with outgoing personality to motivate and lead teams
- Proactive and positive approach, with a desire to succeed both personally and for the business
This is an excellent opportunity for anyone with knowledge of Production Planning within the automotive arena especially from a vehicle build or trim & final seeking to develop your career. In return for your experience, this South Wales based automotive company will offer you:
- Competitive plus Benefits (Negotiable)
- Career progression and development within a forward thinking and expanding organsiation in a niche arena
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon. If you have knowledge of production planning, material flow and capacity planning within a vehicle build and/or trim & final environment and you want to be considered, please apply today. If you have any questions about the Production Planning role, please contact Mark Bignell at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01384 446167 or email firstname.lastname@example.org .
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.