Seeking a talented and experienced MP&L Manager to work with a leading innovative and advanced design and manufacturing business. This organization is ambitious and continuing to develop its growth strategy further. As part of the Senior Management team, the MP&L Manager will have full responsibility for managing the end to end supply chain of this business. We are looking to recruit a MP&L Manager who has proven experience of managing all aspects including; production planning, capacity, material control, inventory management, developing supply chain strategies and CI within a high volume manufacturing business.
As MP&L Manager, you will report directly to the Operations Manager and responsibilities will include:
- Lead capacity planning activities ensuring delivery against operational requirements and which optimise manufacturing efficiency and costs
- Refine systems and methods to continually improve plans to better anticipate customer needs
- Assess existing capacity and develop operational plans and forecasts based on future plans for demand.
- Manage deviations from the plan that have financial impact.
- Monitor key manufacturing processes for capacity and demand, identify capacity constraints and provide analysis.
- Analyse specifications and capacity and undertake appropriate calculations to estimate job requirements in terms of labour, tools, materials and resources.
- Review data, trends and diagnose problems and concerns.
- Identify and drive improvement initiatives that optimise capacity and ensure best return on investment without adding risk or disruption
- Utilise knowledge and research methods to benchmark capacity planning activities and to drive best practice results
- Manage, coach and develop a high performing team that meets agreed objectives, delivers best practice results and works to make continuous improvements.
- A proven track record of success/achievement within a similar material and production planning role, demonstrating experience gained within a volume manufacturing environment.
- Good understanding of supply chain processes.
- Experienced manager used to managing a multi-skilled team.
- Excellent MRP/ERP systems experience
- Fully proficient with Microsoft Office, specifically Excel.
- Results orientated and organised with the ability to plan and deliver.
- Strong analytical, planning and problem solving skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.
With plans to continue to grow and expand this successful business, this is a fantastic opportunity for a talented MP&L Manager, looking for a new and challeging role that will offer career development. In return for your materials, planning and logistics experience you will be offered a highly competitive salary and benefits package. Please apply directly to email@example.com or for further details contact Lisa directly on 01384 446162.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.