Competitive Salary with excellent benefits
01384 446 174
about 1 month ago
Production planner & coordinator
24 days holiday plus bank holiday, pension, and flexible benefits package
Burton Latimer, Northamptonshire
We are working with this superb, specialist vehicle conversion business that has an enviable reputation of providing a first class, market leading solution to very regulated sectors. As part of a global manufacturing group, this organisation is forward thinking and works in partnership with a large range of customers providing them with state of the art, safe, reliable, and quality products.
With an ever-increasing order book, the business is on a very stable footing and will continue to do so, even within a changing European landscape.
We have been asked to assist in the recruitment of an exceptional Production Planner, this is a new role and An exciting and challenging role with room for growth, development, and ownership of a pivotal business area during a time of change due to unprecedented growth. This role is to ultimately to support the Operations and Production departments in the on-time and on-cost delivery of vehicles to their Customers.
Ideally you will be an experienced planner/ coordinator with an exacting eye for detail and an appetite for technical data, who can handle and manipulate data based on a variety of everchanging goals such as customer delivery date, production capacity, and supply chains, both in the UK and Europe.
As Production Planner & Coordinator you will be responsible for the application and Cradle to Grave management of the organisation's products, ensuring production administration is correct along all aspects of production.
The successful Production Planner will be joining a highly focused, passionate team, working on a range of exciting and challenging initiatives to support the safe, on-time, and on-cost production of specialist, market leading products to global markets.
As Production Planner and Coordinator, you will be responsible for:
- Production data is easily accessible and readable for all departments. This requires a fastidious approach to document control.
- To manage all external and internal testing along the production process and ensure these aspects in line with customer delivery expectations.
- To use and manage a variety of data management tools to ensure production planning data are efficiently and accurately reported back to the Production Manager and Operations Manager.
- Coordination, release, and management of production job packs to the shop floor and stores such that the internal supply chain is managed in a timely manner enabling accurate production start times.
- Supporting the Production Manager and Operations Manager in the scheduling of builds into Production including the analysis to ensure fill Bill of Material availability at build start and lift and vehicle allocation. An intrinsic part of the job is to ensure data across multiple documents are controlled and aligned.
- To use data to analyse build times and non-productive operations. This role requires someone who has excellent data entry skills and an advanced working knowledge of spreadsheets.
Skills and Experience
- A great team worker who always considers others and repercussions of their own actions. This role has huge breadth and will involve communication internally and externally to a wide range of stake holders.
- A high degree of attention to detail with the integrity to challenge mistakes and to mitigate further risk by implementing lasting corrective change.
- Good technical knowledge with the desire to not only plan and coordinate, but to learn the products, their nuances, and the internal workings of Production and Operations.
- Excellent Microsoft Excel and Word skills with the ability to analyse data and quickly improve processes through learned knowledge, experience of advanced computing skills is a prerequisite.
- Experience of working with Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) systems is required with knowledge of the EPICOR platform being advantageous. This role requires a fundamental understanding of ERP, its purpose, and the overarching importance of good business management.
- The successful applicant must work well with others, want to progress in a challenging yet rewarding environment, and the aptitude to lobby and unify employees to drive positive change and cultural shift.
This is an excellent position for the right candidate, joining the business at a time of growth and a very strong forward order book. The business operates a true team ethos, and this has been fundamental to their success. If you feel you have the right skills and experience, please apply
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.