Title: Production Planner
Contract Position based at: Castle Bromwich
The main purpose of this role will be to support production operations through the coordination and creation of vehicle launch sequence to support supply base visibility. This role will ensure manufacturing operations output matches Sales requirements across all applicable vehicles` lines.
Advanced planning and problem solving in a dynamic environment to ensure continuity of operations utilising dedicated scheduling systems and tools.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities:
- Coordination and control of major units from BIW Assembly, through Paint Operations and into Painted Body Stores, ensuring close monitoring and control of model mix to meet scheduled plan throughout the manufacturing process
- Contribute to the delivery of the overall Material Planning and Logistics Strategy for new model programs
- Timely and accurate input into Desk Top studies and programme Gateways
- Provide timely and accurate confirmation of sequencing requirements based upon complexity and lineside constraints.
- Contribute to the development of layout plans for decks, marketplace and lineside in support of changes in model, volume, shift patterns
- Undertake any other work as directed by their line manager in connection with their job as may be requested
- Able to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Ability to maintain and interpret complex data
- Strong IT skills and familiarity with Microsoft package elements including Excel, Word and Powerpoint
- Ability to cover early and late shifts on a rotational basis
- Good analytical and communication skills
- Working knowledge of production processes
- Good understanding of the interfaces into vehicle platforms and plants
This role is deemed INSIDE of IR35
Requirement is for the candidate to be flexible in the event of shift working.
Currently, shift patterns required would be: 06:00 - 14:00 / 14:00 - 24:00
No shift premium would be paid
If you are interested in this position, please apply now. For more information contact Lois Weston at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01384446119.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.