£28k - 30k per year + pension 25 days holiday,
01384 446 174
Salary circa £30,000 plus excellent benefits
This FMCG manufacturer is part of a global group. Due to a major upturn in demand, we are looking to recruit an exceptional Production Planner.
Working across the business and extensively using SAP, you will be responsible for ensuring that the organisation receives the materials and supplies they need quickly, efficiently, and within budget.
You will monitor the company’s inventories and track the performance of current supply methods. Then, as part of a small team you will continuously find ways to improve processes. In the event of a supply emergency , the Production Planner must also determine how to get new supplies in time to meet deadlines.
As Production Planner your Key Responsibilities are :
- Assist with Combined Order planning process.
- Ensure customers are supplied with the required material at the requested date while maximizing the production efficiency of our site.
- Assist with Supply Waste projects
- Own Supply Planning MPS, scheduling and sequencing activities
- Own Supply Planning capacity requirements and planning activities
- Monitor and enhance plant OTIF.
- Liaise with customer service on customer required dates to ensure that customer requirements are met.
- Ensure that efficient, rapid, and positive communication routes are maintained.
- Actively liaise with all members of the Supply Chain department to ensure they are aware of the short-term needs of the business.
- Identify improvement areas within planning that will improve efficiency and delivery performance.
- Own Supply Planning MRP data integrity
- Ensure all combined manufacturing order opportunities are maximised.
- Explore our portfolio and identify further combined order opportunities.
- Ensure all master data is accurate to support the effective combination of product.
- Improve working capital performance.
- Reduce customer cost to serve.
- Reduce aged stock value.
- Perform all tasks within the Health & Safety, Quality & Environmental procedures of the site.
- Provide cover for other colleagues within the planning team.
Skills and Knowledge:
- SAP experience is essential.
- IT literate (MS Office) – Excel skills essential
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to prioritise workload.
- Numerical and analytical
- Problem solving skills.
- Advanced English speaking and writing is essential.
Qualifications & Experience
- Experience of working in a manufacturing environment.
- Strong experience of working in a planning environment.
- Good level of education with high achievement levels in exams
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.