Role: Production Planner
We are currently recruiting for an experienced Production Planner to join our client’s team at their facility in Deeside, the role will be ensuring that goods are manufactured in a cost-effective way that meets the customer and quality specification.
The role will also be involved in scheduling demand to ensure that customers’ requirements are met in a timely manner utilising available capacity within the plant, the role will also involve improving the company’s production and distribution processes and providing support to the leadership to make effective decisions.
- Develop, implement, and deliver a credible production plan with one week fixed, one week flexible and two rolling weeks.
- Promote timely delivery of goods to achieve on time delivery in full (OTIF) of customer orders.
- Keeping customers updated through customer facing contacts of production schedule dates and potential delays to orders.
- Communicate planned changes effectively across multiple departments.
- Maintain and update production plans in line with receipt of sales orders, component lead times and customer promise dates.
- The Production Planner will liaise with the General Manager and Financial Controller to forecast monthly sales against planned production.
- Working closely with/and complimented by the Operations Manager, the Purchasing and Planning Manager will ensure on time delivery in full of all customer works orders.
- Involved in customer forecasts and schedules, capacity plans and weekly production plans.
- The role will also be assessed against performance standards including daily/weekly completion plans and timely processing of works orders.
- Add all customer orders, forecasted demand and stock requirements for call offs to a capacity plan in line with packing line run rates, blending time and component/machine availability.
- Amalgamate or break down demand into works orders and add to SAGE manufacturing assigning proposed plan dates for MRP.
- Closely liaise with Purchasing to determine the impact of delivery dates for incoming goods and components and re-plan product production where necessary. Understand risks such as downtime and material shortages and minimise the impact on production scheduling.
- Assign customer production dates to forwards order report for Sales Administration to feedback to the customers.
- Collaborate with the Operations Manager to determine the staff, equipment, and material resources in line with production schedules.
- Update the sales department with any production delays to ensure customers are fed back to in a timely manner.
- Produce weekly plans and provide to all departments.
- Attend daily production meetings and communicate any changes/alterations or effect of production output on future production plans.
- Attend end of day production output meeting and re-plan any missed activity and amend plan where production has exceeded targets set. Monitor production performance against
- Schedule requirement downtime for Planned Preventative Maintenance activities
- Agree timings of new product trials and amend schedule accordingly.
- Work with the Technical Team to ensure timely re-work of non-conforming and quarantined materials.
- Assist finance with production of monthly sales forecast to identify expected monthly target.
- Maintain system with current/revised and new run rates.
- Collect data to identify problematic areas and make improvements to processes and procedures.
- Advise Sales team of plant capacity and machine availability over a given time.
If you are interested in applying for this role or would like more information please contact Lee Elwell on 01384 446 154 (Direct Line) or your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.