£25k per year + Pension, Health, 25 days holiday
01384 446 174
4 months ago
General engineering and manufacturing sector
Salary up to £25,000, plus pension, healthcare, 25 days holiday
We have been asked to recruit a Production Planner for a highly reputable and well-known manufacturing and engineering business. This is a new role due to increase in workload and demand for their products.
The Production Planner coordinates and expedites the flow of work and materials within or between Departments according to daily, weekly, and monthly production schedules.
Duties include reviewing MRP recommendations and distributing production work and delivery schedules.
Communicate with department Team Leaders, to ensure production schedules are achieved.
Review inventory levels and solving production problems.
Key responsibilities and duties
- Review customer forecasts and create EFACS plan to reflect demand.
- Attend Morning Production meeting daily to update team on production schedule changes/ requirements. Expedite parts where required.
- Schedule production for specified products and production cells, understanding capacity constraints.
- Complete status reports for production progress, WIP and raw material inventory or additional information as requested from Manufacturing, Customer Service.
- Create Bills of Material and Routings for products.
- Coordinate product launch of new products effectively
- Ensure all plans are feasible in terms of material supply, notify production of potential material shortfalls.
- Ensure required reports, capacity plans and KPIs are generated at the necessary frequency, monitored, and utilised correctly to ensure improvement actions are generated and completed.
- Liaison with Manufacturing Manager on day-to-day problems.
- Develops and implements policies, procedures, processes, and resources.
- Creates production schedule and prioritizes job-orders for production optimization.
- Promotes Lean manufacturing and continual improvement in the business.
- Advise Manager of resources requirements to achieve targets.
- Ensure all duties undertaken are to the requisite Quality Standards.
- Advise management of issues that may impact production schedules.
- Liaise with the sales and purchase teams on day-to-day scheduling/stock issues.
Qualifications required/ desirable.
- A background in planning & formal MRP training would be an advantage.
- Computer literate and confident with numbers.
- Willing to work with others to develop and improve processes.
Experience required / desirable.
- Experience within department or company of similar background.
- Experience of planning using MRP/ERP systems.
- Key technical skills in core business areas (MRP/ ERP Systems and Planning.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.