Production Operator/Supervisor - Aerospace - Permanent - Attractive
A Production Operator/Supervisor is required to join and Innovative Aerospace manufacturing facility on a Permanent Basis. The successful Production Operator/Supervisor will join the Production Department and report to the Production Cell Leader. The Production Operator/Supervisor will set and operate production equipment to achieve all company targets and standards.
The Production Operator/Supervisor may also be given he opportunity to step up an act as an assistant to the Cell Leader as required. This is an ideal opportunity for and experienced Production Operator that is looking for a Progressive career move with the long term aim of achieving a position within Production Management.
Responsibilities and Experience Required of the Production Operator/Supervisor
- Adhere to all company Health and Safety Policy's and Regulations
- To manage production machine(s) to ensure that quality is maintained to standards
- Perform routine running adjustments such as tool changes and wheel dressing etc.
- Check product during the run and Maintain the flow of product to other machines/processes
- Work to relevant operational procedures, technical specifications and parameters of process
- Complete all relevant paperwork i.e. Route Cards, Auto Control Forms etc.
- To set within a reasonable time limit the machine(s) ready for the start of the next batch
- Make sure of an efficient start of production ensuring product traceability is maintained
- First line maintenance in line with Preventative Maintenance and Breakdowns procedure
- Make sure that the necessary calibrated inspection equipment is present in working area
- Ensuring that correct measuring equipment is used and calibrated and approved
- Participate and engage in the Production meetings, reporting any ongoing problems
- Keep the machine(s) and surrounding work area clean and safe condition
- Maintain an open and willing attitude towards training and learning new processes
- Provide training to new and inexperienced operators
Qualifications & Requirements of the Production Operator/Supervisor
- Good customer focus, initiative, teamwork, transparency, and a hands-on type
- Able to demonstrate personal commitment, leadership, and communication
- Negotiation and delegation skills and able to help others to develop as appropriate
- Process driven with a good approach to problem solving
- Able to understand technical operations and processes
- A good team player who possesses good interpersonal skills
- Must have good English skills, written, spoken and reading
- Must be computer literate with a working knowledge of Microsoft office
- Able to demonstrate a good understanding of supplier/customer relationships
- Able to work with and around hazardous chemicals and materials
- An advantage would be a background within a manufacturing environment
- Experience of working within the Aerospace Industry is desirable
- Use of Measuring Equipment (Micrometres, Vernier's, Shadowgraph etc) is an advantage
Security Clearance may be required due to the nature of the Products being Manufactured
If you are interested in this Production Operator/Supervisor position, then please apply directly or send a suitable MS Word Format CV directly to my Email at . Alternatively, if you wish to discuss then please contact Peter Heap on my direct line 01384 446102.