£40k - 45k per year + bonus, heathcare, pension, 25 days holiday
01384 446 174
Production Operations Manager
Salary circa £45,000, plus 25 days holiday, private medical, bonus scheme, pension
This well-established manufacturing business operates in specialist sectors and is going through a period of sustained growth. Volumes are up as the markets in which it trades in, are performing well.
Due to increased demand, the organisation has asked us to assist in the recruitment of an exceptional Production Operations Manager to help drive change within the manufacturing and production side of the business.
You will be an experienced manufacturing professional, have excellent people management skills and have strong knowledge of modern production methods and how lean manufacturing can be used to its fullest. We also envisage you will embrace data capture and analysis to develop strategies which will improve performance and efficiency in the plant.
You will also have superb stakeholder management skills, both in working with your team and managing and evoking change through more senior members of the business.
Duties & responsibilities
- Manage the day-to-day operations of the manufacturing facilities. Ensuring that all manufacturing and production jobs and associated activities are completed on time, meeting customer expectations.
- Manage a team of around four direct reports. You will be expected to coach direct reports to develop their people management skills.
- Manage routine employee matters including performance management, absence, disciplinary and grievance matters, with the support of HR.
- Work closely with the compliance/H&S Manager to ensure that all work undertaken in the factory is completed in accordance with standard operating procedures, relevant safe systems of work are adhered to, that quality and H&S standards are upheld.
- In conjunction with your team, analyse trends relating to equipment failures, establish critical spares list, establish preventative maintenance routines etc to ensure that factory downtime is minimal due to maintenance issues/breakdowns.
- Identify areas for improving production, working across the wider team to implement change effectively.
- Communicate effectively to ensure the co-ordination of all relevant inputs to ensure production output and on time delivery targets are achieved, i.e., through daily briefings, weekly/monthly meetings etc.
- Overseeing of the Operations function to ensure that the shop-floor has the necessary, manpower, competence, skills, knowledge, and plant required to achieve production targets.
- Ideally from a similar management role in a similar background but can be flexible on the industry; more interested demonstrating the right skill set.
- Strong people management skills, with a proven track record managing a full production workforce, with experience of handling performance issues, absence, disciplinary and grievance matters.
- Experience of a working in a similar continuous improvement environment
- Relevant H&S qualification, ideally NEBOSH / IOSH Managing Safely qualified
- Minimum 5 GCSEs grades A – C
- Good level of numeracy and literacy
- Good IT skills
- Excellent communication skills, able to communicate effectively at all levels of the organisation.
- A background in manufacturing with a wide range knowledge on manufacturing and production processes with at least 3 years’ experience in a similar role would be desirable.
We are keen to see applications from production and manufacturing management, we are certainly open to sector, the business is fast paced, direct in its approach and perhaps needs modernising in their production and manufacturing methods. It is a great opportunity for the right candidate.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.