Production Manager - Elstree
Focused on the design, manufacture and supply of technically advanced research equipment for the pharma, chemical and research industries based near Elstree, this new role of Production Manager will be responsible for planning, managing and controlling all aspects of production, supply chain and distribution with the aim of ensuring the delivery of high-quality products on time, within budget, and that work out of the box first time with no adjustments needed on installation at customers' sites.
In this senior role, you will be responsible for the implementation and monitoring of KPI's relevant to the production area, being able to interpret data and take appropriate action in order to ensure the highest attainable standards with regards to safety, quality, delivery and cost. The successful candidate will need to be an aspirational role model to develop an effective team to facilitate future growth aspirations and succession planning.
Reporting the CEO and working alongside an existing, academically strong team who are specialists in their field through the supply off innovative low to mid volume higher value electro-mechanical products and systems, the Production Manager will be focused on driving cultural and process change along with introducing efficient and repeatable methodologies, lean and best practice. Success of the position will be measured by the financial performance of the business, coupled with KPI's.
You will be responsible for:
- Health & Safety of all direct reports.
- Working and communicating with other functions in a timely manner to ensure that they are fully informed of delivery dates, which can be communicated to commercial staff and customers.
- Ensuring that staff provide feedback for continuous improvement of products in line with the QMS.
- Standardising processes and ensure that best lean practices are in place for the Production department.
- Travel and work in the UK, Europe, USA and other regions as required.
- Be a committed, proactive and positive member of the senior management team contributing to the overall professional management, development and operation of the company.
- Provide back up to other departments/ groups as necessary.
- Develop and provide training courses as required.
- Ensure the workforce understands and complies with the company Quality Manual, QMS, Quality Management Policy, Quality Goals, and applicable laws and regulations as required.
- Complete other duties as required.
Quality Specific Goals
- Be aware of and ensure the workforce understand and comply with quality standards, policies and goals, applicable laws and regulations as they apply to their role and activity.
- Ensure that all planned Quality & Compliance training is completed within the defined deadlines both personally and by direct reports.
- Identify and report any and all personal / customer / organisation quality or compliance concerns immediately to the Quality Organisation.
- Participate in continuous improvement activities by identifying and appropriately escalating process and product quality gaps, providing solutions when possible.
Minimum Education/ Experience Requirements:
- A degree or Ph.D. in a Production/Manufacturing/Engineering or other related discipline.
- A suitable range of experience of managing and leading production and quality control teams, ideally with a background working on low volume electrical / electro-mechanical assembled products.
- A strong supply chain grounding and the ability to schedule for production is essential.
- Demonstrable leadership skills with the ability to effectively communicate with personnel to resolve work issues.
- Experience of competently managing and budgeting costs as well as managing, implementing and developing MRP systems.
- Proven ability in effective written and verbal communication and listening skills.
- Demonstrably strong commitment to customer service and satisfaction.
- Ability to effectively work on and manage multiple projects and priorities at one time.
- Has an approachable leadership manner that encourages interaction with others as well as to drive engagement internally.
This is an interesting and challenging role where there is real opportunity to introduce successful 'change' in to a technically strong and targeted organisation.
Should you feel you have the experience and awareness, then please apply directly or contact Matthew Heath (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Executive Search, a leading technical and industrial consultancy. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Executive Search are those of an Employment Agency.