Attractive salary, benefits package
01384 446 174
Animal/Livestock Nutrition (non-meat)
Excellent salary, with very strong benefits package including good pension contributions.
We are working with a global, specialist producer of feed to animals and livestock.
An exciting opportunity has arisen at their production facility in Bury-St-Edmunds for a Production Manager. You will be responsible for a range of production, quality, and business process improvement activities, including the day-to-day running of the plant to meet customer requirements while fulfilling production and health and safety standards.
On top of this, as part of the mill management team you will deliver key business improvement objectives such as process efficiency and team development.
For this role, we are looking for someone with the correct attitude to work, the ability to move the site forward in line with the overall business plans. You will have experience within manufacturing, this could however come from a Team Leader, QA, Operations Support Manager position. The business offers a stable but enjoyable working environment.
You must be confident communicating in a variety of ways to build engagement with your team and be able to establish and nurture relationships with your own operator team but also stakeholders such as transport, quality, and H&S.
As Production Manager, you will be responsible for:
- The achievement of agreed production budget (dependent on volume and product mix) whilst continually striving for greater efficiency.
- Ensuring that the achievement of food safety is always a priority.
- Improving competency, teamwork, and empowerment skills of individuals through training and coaching.
- Driving individual and team engagement.
- Continued compliance with Health and Safety and Environmental Law and Policy.
- Actively drive the site’s Continuous Improvement Programme
What we are looking for:
- Proven managerial experience in a manufacturing environment with H&S responsibility
- BRC or equivalent standards of operation
- Effective training skills
- Familiarity with Process Control computer systems
- Communications to groups and all levels in business
- Report generation and data interpretation
- Budget management
- People performance and development
- Coaching and influencing skills.
- Food: High volume; low unit price production
- Lean Manufacturing / CI Experience (Desirable)
- Customer service contact
- Commercial management skills (Desirable)
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.