Production Manager, SME Manufacturer
Cira £45,000, plus benefits
This organisation is an exceptionally well run, specialist manufacturing business that is going through major change and growth, successfully trading in the UK and across Europe. Due to increasing demand for their products and services, they have asked us to assist in the search for an impactful and focused Production Manager who can lead change throughout the shop floor and the production process.
This role will see you responsible for overseeing all production stores and dispatch staff, as the production team currently operates over 3 shift patterns. They employ almost 100 staff in this department.
Reporting directly to the Directors, you will be entrusted with a high degree of independence and have a genuine opportunity to make a meaningful impact towards the growth of the business. This will be your department to shape, and implement ideas but most importantly drive change as the organisation grows.
Not only will you develop and implemented a change culture in the business, we are also looking for the Production Manager to drive Lean and Continuous Improvement throughout the manufacturing and production process.
They are a technology driven manufacturing business specialising in the creation and fulfilment of high-volume, customised products, through batch production. Lead times will be as quick as 24 hours, therefore daily planning for your team is essential.
As Production Manager, who will be expected to:
- Develop & implement all production processes, whilst maintaining standards and making changes as required;
- Plan and anticipate future challenges, providing solutions as needed to meet productions time-lines;
- Ensure the smooth running and operation of the factory during the day and night shift;
- Monitor production standards and highlight issues immediately to R&D, if unresolved;
- Ensure production is run in a cost-effective manner, by reducing waste and working with
R&D to provide print solutions as needed;
- Be the voice for your department in meetings with the Directors, and other departments;
- Work with sales and warehouse, to ensure that the products are delivered to our customers on-time;
- Analyse data relating to the performance of the department;
- Develop staff within the team, overseeing all training in coordination with the HR Manager;
- Conduct all personnel management such as annual leave signs off and appraisals; and
- Ensure a safe working environment for all team members, working with the Health and Safety manager as needed.
What we're looking for in a Production Manager:
- You'll be confident leader, who will presence on the factory floor and is comfortable managing people;
- You will ensure the highest quality output from your team;
- You'll have a proven ability in utilising Continuous Improvement Techniques and budgetary control skills;
- You'll be a proven problem-solver who uses data and their initiative to resolve operational issues,and drive improvement;
- You'll be able to work collaboratively with other departments such as R&D, purchasing, sales and warehouse;
- You will be technically literate within the manufacturing field, and confident working independently;
- You'll be comfortable thinking on your feet, and can adapt scheduling quickly as this may change hourly depending on orders received; and
- You will have the drive to make a success of this department, and make it your own.
- HND in Engineering or other technical qualification;
- Proven track record of training and mentoring of staff;
- Advanced project management skills;
- Experience within a busy production environment with shop floor experience, and having implemented measures using efficiency techniques such as lean and 5S;
A major advantage would be if you have experience of fast paced manufacturing, short lead times and good working knowledge of small batch quantity manufacturing.
This is an excellent position, where the Production Manager can really make a difference to the overall success of the business
If you like the sound of the above role, please apply for a further conversation.