Salary Circa £55,000 plus benefits.
This organisation is a true innovator in its field, established for over 25 years, they are in a market which is set to become ever increasingly important in the coming years. Demand is increasing and they need to recruit an exceptional Production Manager. We need a person who can develop a change culture into the business, question and challenge what is in process and make it work better for the organisation.
As Production Manager you will be a key member of the management team and ensure on time delivery in full. You will be responsible for driving and developing continuous improvement in a rapidly expanding production environment.
You will need to ensure that you create the infrastructure and underpinning processes that support the ambitious expansion plans. The role will be a mix of operational and strategic manufacturing management and will include management of the stores, production planning, and production departments across two sites (mechanical assembly, electrical assembly, machine shop and our vehicle integration workshop).
The Production Manager will be responsibilities for:
- Achieving on time delivery in full in a rapidly expanding production environment
- Promote safe working practices and lead by example
- Recruitment, management and development of supervisors and the wider team
- Management of day to day operations to cost, quality and schedule targets
- Champion the 'quality comes first' culture through transparency and visibility
- Interact with Engineering concerning new product design and design for manufacturing
- Overall responsibility for the production plan and plan work force utilisation, space requirements and workflow to design workspace and equipment layouts for maximum efficiency
- Development and maintenance of work instructions, skills matrix and risk assessments
- Ensuring day to day issues with Production/Engineering/Quality/Stores are progressed and resolved with preventative action put in place to stop re-occurrence
- Develop and maintain appropriate key performance indicators
To be successful you must have the following skills & experience
- Previous experience of creating a performance climate where people at all levels expect to be held accountable for delivery of their commitments
- Experience in leading effective change in an engineering and manufacturing environment
- Excellent people-management skills, educating and empowering those around you with the ability to facilitate the delivery of a bottom up team development improvement process
- Strong experience of developing and flexing process improvements across different functions in an ever changing environment
- Good knowledge and experience of pre-production processes and techniques and experience of working with complex products
- Ability to prioritise, organise and liaise across all departments
- An analytically, diligent and thorough approach, seeing tasks to completion
- Excellent communication skills across all levels of the business
- Experience of Lean would be an advantage.
This role is not for the faint hearted or someone who is looking for steady state, however it is an excellent opportunity to join the senior management team at a high tech company in the green sector which is set to see continuing growth in the near and long-term future.
This is an excellent position for the right candidate, it offers a true challenge in a new and developing market that is becoming increasingly important.
If you are interested in the position, then please apply.