A Production Manager is required on a permanent basis for our client, a leading Aerospace and Defence manufacturer.
The Production Manager will oversee all aspects of the daily running of the Production facility at the site, and lead efficiency and quality improvements within the Production department.
Key Responsibilities of the Production Manager:
- Implementing Lean manufacturing initiatives
- Improving productivity whilst ensuring operational goals are achieved
- Supporting new product introduction
- Managing staff and production cell activities
- Assisting in the preparation of budgetary plans and forecasts
- Recognising and implementing initiatives for manufacturing cost reduction
- Managing all applicable business KPI's
- Developing skills within the department in line with the needs of the business
The Production Manager should have the following skills or experience:
- Degree or equivalent in a relevant Engineering or Science discipline
- Experience in a similar low/medium volume manufacturing environment
- Proven experience in Lean manufacturing
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to lead and guide teams effectively
- Experience of AS9100 desirable
- Driving Licence (some travel and overnight stays may be required)
This is an excellent opportunity for anyone with knowledge of aerospace manufacturing to develop your career.
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon. If you would like to be considered, please apply today. If you have any questions about the Production Manager role, please contact Sarah Davies at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01384 446 143.