Production Manager - Chemical Products
Reporting to the Chemical Products Production Manager, the Production Manager is accountable for the day to day running of the department including the wet/dry areas and small-scale production plants.
The duties of the Production Manager role:
- Provide EHS leadership in order to improve processes, equipment, staff awareness and training to ensure EHS improvement and delivery against KPI's and regulatory/corporate requirements.
- Alongside Supply Chain teams, ensure efficient scheduling and reviewing of workload to ensure production output and delivery targets are achieved cost effectively.
- Work with Engineering to identify critical equipment, develop preventive maintenance and asset lifecycle care including strategic replacement of equipment.
- Through a focus on operational discipline, help create common and collaborative systems and procedures across Chemical Products
- Establish goals and objectives for self and team and implement accordingly to help support/improve job performance (experience, ability, competence).
- Manage the leadership of existing and future team leaders and team members with the aim of producing a pipeline of talent to meet strategic succession planning requirements.
Experience & skills required for the Production Manager role:
- Ideally qualified to Degree level in Chemistry or Chemical Engineering based subject or equivalent experience.
- Experience of structured problem-solving techniques such as Six Sigma and Lean.
- High-level of numeracy working with systems and data, SPC control and statistical understanding would be advantageous.
- Good understanding of EHS management principles.
- Experience of implementing talent and workforce planning strategies, organisation design.
- Demonstrable experience of organising, prioritising and managing large teams.
- Able to give and receive clear and unbiased information.
- Adaptable and positive when faced with change.
Please apply below or telephone Justin Wainwright in the meantime on 01268 889267