Job Title: Production Manager
Private Healthcare / Pension / Life Assurance / 33 Days Holiday inc Bank Holidays
Are you an experienced Production Manager looking for a challenging and rewarding new role, within an exciting dynamic Company?
We are currently recruiting for an experienced Production Manager for our client based in Coventry, the role will be joining their dedicated team and is a fantastic opportunity to join an innovative engineering Company, and use your skills and extensive knowledge within a supportive, engaging environment.
The Production Manager is responsible for delivering the Safety, Quality, Delivery, Cost and Inventory targets for the factory.
The right candidate will be expected to take a key role within the Company's improvement processes to ensure best practice and standardisation throughout, at a pivotal time for the Company.
Key to the success of the applicant will be the ability to draw on extensive experience within a Lean Manufacturing organisation.
- Deliver the Safety, Quality, Delivery, Cost and Inventory targets for the factory
- Ownership of the production operating system
- Team staffing and development. Direct, hands on management and development of the production operatives
- Partner with the cross functional teams in developing a new production line from prototype to volume
- Integral part of the SIOP process. Develop the capacity model and ensure capacity meets demand
- Ensure successful new product introductions that meet launch targets
- Identify and drive continuous improvement activities for the function
Qualifications & Experience:
- Minimum 5 years in an operations management role
- Significant experience within a Lean Manufacturing environment - ideally Automotive or Aerospace, including familiarity with Just In Time manufacture
- Experience in delivering capital projects
- 6 Sigma / Lean certification
- High level of familiarity with SAP would be advantageous
- Degree qualified, preferably within an Engineering discipline or equivalent
If you are interested in applying for this role or would like more information please contact Lee Elwell on 01384 446 154 (Direct Line) or your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.