Competitive Plus Benefits
Production Manager (Assembly)
£Highly Competitive Plus Benefits
Production, Management, Process, Engineer, Assembly, Manufacturing, Planning, Problem Solving, Improvements
A Production Manager (Assembly) is required with knowledge of managing and developing processes within an assembly environment, supporting new product launch and facility planning, layout and set up within a small to medium production facility.
As a Production Manager (Assembly) you will be required to:
- To lead, motivate and develop the production team to ensure they operate effectively and efficiently and that you maximise their potential.
- To be accountable for all aspects of production performance ensuring all products are produced to right first time.
- To drive and implement operational improvements by using lean/six sigma methodologies to improve performance, quality whilst reducing costs.
- To plan and align capacity with demand by supplying the appropriate resources to ensure effective ongoing capacity management.
- Responsible for managing Q,C,D,M,S,E performance for the production area.
- To organise the workflow to meet specifications and drive maximum efficiencies.
- To drive and improve health, safety and environmental initiatives.
- Monitor performance through KPIs and communicate performance through visual management systems.
- Proactively collaborate with the supply chain team to deliver customer requirements OTIF.
- Take the lead on product quality improvement, implementing the standards and disciplines to drive a RFT culture.
- Drive OEE measurement to ensure all plant equipment is operating efficiently and to its maximum potential.
- To drive 5S practices to create workshop organisation.
- To appraise employee performance using the formal performance management system and ensure employees are trained and continually developed.
- Communicate both up and down reporting lines to ensure alignment of daily objectives and outputs are achieved.
- To drive process adherence and discipline and to ensure all systems and paperwork are accurately updated.
- To own the training plans for employees and provide 121 mentoring as required.
- Work with the Senior Management Team to implement company policies and objectives.
- Liaise and communicate with all internal supplier/customers to drive a team ethos.
- To organise the repair and routine maintenance of plant equipment as required.
- To proactively resolve issues using containment and route cause analysis tools.
- To always act and behave in a way compliant with all company guidelines and policies, especially those relating to Environmental, Health and Safety, ethics, values and codes of conduct.
- To contribute towards achieving and maintaining high health and safety standards and to carry out all duties and specific responsibilities in compliance with Health and Safety Policies and Procedures.
- Carry out any other reasonable duties as directed by your manager
Education / Skills / Experience
- Proven hands-on leadership experience in a similar manufacturing environment.
- Holding a Degree/ILM level 5 Leadership qualification.
- An analytical and detailed approach to problem solving.
- A good understanding of, Quality conformity requirements and possess a Continuous Improvement mindset, ideally Green Belt qualified.
- A willingness to challenge, change and improve established working practices.
- Solid production planning and demand management knowledge and experience.
- Ability to motivate and inspire team members.
- Confident communicator at all levels in the business
- A strong HSE mentality, ideally holding a IOSH/NEBOSH certification
- Must have experience of implementing and driving KPIs and visual management systems.
- Must be self-driven and results orientated.
- Evidence of success in coaching/mentoring team members.
- Be able to work under pressure and prioritise own and the team’s workload as required.
- Uphold an upbeat “can do” attitude, welcome a challenge, and approach hard work with a positive outlook.
- Proactive and positive approach, with a desire to succeed both personally and for the business.
- Lead by example and a professional approach to company policy and decisions
This is an excellent opportunity for anyone with knowledge of paint processes who has exposure to new product launch, process improvement, manufacturing systems and waste elimination seeking to develop your career. In return for your experience, this South Wales based company will offer you:
- Competitive salary with excellent benefits package
- Excellent opportunity to work with a world class organisation were you can progress and develop your career
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon. If you have knowledge of Production Management within an assembly environment, having supported new product launch and process improvement initiatives and want to be considered, please apply today. If you have any questions about the Production Manager (Assembly) role, please contact Mark Bignell at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01384 446167 or email email@example.com
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.