Production Manager - Derby
At an exciting time in this Rail Rolling Stock company's history, we have a new role for a Production Manager, to ensure the efficient and timely production of goods as well as be involved in the move to their new and larger facility in Derby.
The Production Manager will:
- Produce and maintaining the Production Plan
- Ensure adherence to the production plan
- Determine the human resources required and Skill matrix
- Determine the material requirements to support the production plan
- Ensure adherence to the health and safety regulation are met
- Ensure adherence to the operating procedures for production operations
- Support, set and monitor product quality standards
- Determine and implement improvements to the production process
- Monitor and review the performance of staff
- Estimate production costs and manage production budgets
- Implement initiatives to drive down cost and improve quality
Experience and Qualifications:
- Previous experience working as a Production Manager ideally within a fabrication environment.
- An understanding of JIT, 5S and SMED systems is required together with problem solving tools such as 8D, 5 Why, root cause analysis and standard operating procedures.
- A strong engineering or manufacturing background ideally supported by qualifications to HNC, HND or degree level
- A real passion for Continuous Improvement and implementing simple but effective KPIs.
- An understanding of cell manufacturing and establishing production systems that can handle a product mix.
- An ability to coach, train and educate employees in modern manufacturing techniques, able to generate a high-performance culture focused on delivery and excellent customer service
- Dynamic, data driven, numerate with an excellent understanding of capacity planning and production scheduling
- Excellent communication skills, verbal, written and presentation, able to motivate create understanding and engagement.
If you believe you have the relevant skills and experience and wish to apply, please send a brief copy of your CV and a letter, outlining your suitability for the role, please send your CV to Philip Delaloye on or call on 01384446192