Manufacturing Operations Manager - South Birmingham, Redditch, Bromsgrove
Salary up to £50,000 (DOE) + benefits
An experienced Manufacturing Operations Manager is required for a privately-owned manufacturing process business involved in the application of specialist coatings and surface finishes. Working from modern purpose-built facilities that are well maintained and organised, the company has built a reputation for process excellence winning awards for their services to industry. With an ever-increasing reputation the order book is continuing to grow as the company penetrates new industrial markets and sectors. As Manufacturing Operations Manager, you will take responsibility for all associated production operations and report directly to the Managing Director. The role will require a thorough understanding of lean manufacturing and an ability to create a sustainable continuous improvement culture that will delivery excellent customer service and delivery.
To be considered for this Manufacturing Operations Manager position you must have or be:
- Experience working as a Production, Manufacturing, or Operations Manager within a fast-paced processing environment.
- An understanding of JIT, 5S, SMED, OEE and pull systems is required together with problem solving tools such as 8D, 5 Why, root cause analysis and standard operating procedures.
- Experience of working within light engineering which may include medium to high volume automotive, electronics, electronic device manufacture or general engineering
- A strong engineering or manufacturing background ideally supported by qualifications to HNC, HND or degree level
- A passion for Continuous Improvement, implementing simple but effective KPIs and a real belief in the "Factory as a Showroom"
- An understanding of production planning, scheduling and new product introduction that can deliver a fast turnaround short lead time business.
- An ability to coach, train and educate employees in modern manufacturing techniques, able to generate a high-performance culture focussed on delivery and excellent customer service
- Dynamic, data driven, numerate with an excellent understanding of modern lean manufacturing systems.
- Excellent management and leadership skills comfortable working at all levels and building robust working relationships with key stakeholders both internally and externally with suppliers and clients.
This will be a challenging position and you will work as part of a close-knit management team that reports directly into the Managing Director. As Manufacturing Operations Manager, you will have strong leadership, management and decision-making skills with a focus based on Safety, Quality, Cost and Delivery that will deliver the highest levels of service.