Birmingham, West Midlands
Up to £50000.00 per annum + benefits
about 2 years ago
Production Manager - Birmingham, West Midlands
Salary up to £50,000 (DOE) + benefits
An experienced Production Manager is required for an established SME Manufacturing business involved in medium to high volume processing of industrial components. Having recently moved to new purpose-built facilities the company has seen a dramatic increase in demand from new customers. With an increasing order book, the company are now looking to recruit a forward-thinking Production Manager who will take responsibility for the direct Production Team and a small team of support staff including quality and maintenance.
As Production Manager you will have an in-depth understanding of lean manufacturing and more importantly a track record that demonstrates an ability to train, coach and work with people to create a sustainable continuous improvement culture that can deliver against exacting SQCD targets.
To be considered for this Production Manager position you must have or be:
- Experience working as a Production Manager within a fast-paced component processing environment, which could include industrial coatings, paint or plating
- An understanding of JIT, 5S, SMED, OEE and pull systems is required together with problem solving tools such as 8D, 5 Why, root cause analysis and standard operating procedures.
- Experience of working within light engineering which may include automotive, electronics, electronic device manufacture or general engineering
- A strong engineering or manufacturing background ideally supported by qualifications to HNC, HND or degree level
- A real passion for Continuous Improvement and implementing simple but effective KPIs
- An understanding of cell manufacturing and establishing production systems that can handle a product mix based on Runners, Repeaters and Strangers
- An ability to coach, train and educate employees in modern manufacturing techniques, able to generate a high-performance culture focussed on delivery and excellent customer service
- Dynamic, data driven, numerate with an excellent understanding of capacity planning and production scheduling
- Excellent communication skills, verbal, written and presentation, able to motivate create understanding and engagement
This will be a challenging position and you will work as part of a close-knit management team that reports directly into the Managing Director. Based on success, the role has the potential to develop into a full Operations Manager/Director position as the company grows. As Production Manager you will have strong leadership, management and decision-making skills with a focus based on Safety, Quality, Cost, Delivery and giving the highest levels of customer service.