Production Manager, Low volume Automotive OEM
Excellent salary with good benefits.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an exceptional Production Manager to join an impressive and ambitious bespoke, low volume automotive manufacturer.
Because of the strong demand for the vehicles they produce, We are currently seeking an experienced individual to join the team at the Northamptonshire headquarters, supporting current and future projects. You will be working closely with the build facility team and senior management to support and champion continued development of manufacturing systems, as well as supporting the CEO in any other activities.
As Production Manager you will ideally have experience and knowledge of hand built, niche vehicle manufacturing, or worked within low volume, high end, perhaps bespoke manufacturing and production, delivering a first class product to the end consumer.
As Production Manager you will :
- Planning and scheduling of car builds, creation of project plans, communication of plans to relevant parties and individuals, setting work priorities and ensuring adherence to plan to meet targets
- Manage the day to day activities of all manufacturing and production
- Promote good car integrity following design up-issue or modification
- Ensure that all procedural documentation covering the build of all vehicles is managed and maintained within design guidelines
- Creation of works orders and standard operating procedures for all car build activities
- Work with the CEO and other key stakeholders to progress and prioritise the completion of major non-routine projects
- Communicate all build issues to appropriate design function via good communication and formal faults system
- To lead and actively contribute to regular production/build meetings, providing meeting output.
- Ensure company-wide policies and procedures are adhered to wherever and whenever appropriate
- Carry out staff performance reviews, under company guidelines
- Implement Lean and continuous improvement methodologies
This is a unique role, and one that will provide an excellent challenge for the right candidate, not only hands on, working with multiple stakeholders, but working with the senior business leaders in the overall direction of the company.
If you feel you have the right skill sets for the job, please apply.