Title: Production Manager
Location: Hyde, Greater Manchester
Reporting to: MD
Direct Reports: Production Team Leaders
Indirect Reports: 30 heads (Operations Staff)
We are currently recruiting for our client for a Production Manager to work at their busy facility in the Greater Manchester area. The role will be managing the product and engineering areas of the business to ensure on time delivery of quality products.
The position will be a hands-on role and be working closely with operations staff within their production/manufacturing department, full knowledge of profiling including laser and waterjet operations would be an advantage.
The role will involve all aspects of accountabilities including:
- Productivity, involved in the promotion of business process improvements at every level throughout the company to ensure all resources are deployed and managed effectively and targets met or exceeded.
- Quality, involved in adhering to the company's quality policies and procedures and provisions of high quality products and services on time.
- Health, Safety and Environmental, involved in continual compliance with the HSE policies and support the promotion of safe working practices and environmental awareness throughout department.
- Compliance, involved in ensuring compliance is fully adhered to including internal policies and produces.
- Cost Control, the role will be ensuring the business is operating within budget parameters, corporate guidelines and protect corporate assets.
The successful candidate's main responsibilities will include:
- Effective man management of the production / manufacturing team
- Working closely with end customer including review of parts and products
- Development business improvement
- Review operations site and improve product quality through engineering
- Work with H&S department to ensure workforce follow agreed procedures and comply with regulations
- Other reasonable duties or accountability that are consistent with the role
Qualifications, Experience and Profile:
- Relevant technical/engineering degree or equivalent work experience (10 years +)
- Relevant manufacturing experience within a superalloy environment
- Knowledge of manufacturing and engineering process
- Knowledge of lean improvements and H&S
- Skills include IT Microsoft, man management, problem solving, and excellent communication
If you are interested in applying for this role or would like more information please contact Lee Elwell on 01384 446 154 (Direct Line) or your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment