A Production Manager is required with experience of delivery of continuous improvements and a LEAN culture. Candidates with experience of the production of speciality chemicals would be well received.
Due to increased workload this company, a leading manufacturer of speciality chemicals based in Royston, requires a proactive Production Manager for the day to day running of the department, the delivery of metrics such as production targets and cost, along with ensuring that EHS, Quality and Security standards are adhered to. As a Production Manager you will be required to:
- Provide EHS leadership to improve processes, equipment, staff awareness and training to ensure improvement and delivery against KPI's.
- Ensure efficient scheduling and reviewing of workload to ensure production output and delivery targets are met.
- Work with engineering to identify critical equipment, develop preventative maintenance and asset lifecycle care including strategic replacement of equipment.
- Through a focus on operational discipline help create common and collaborative systems and procedures across chemical products.
- Establish goals and objectives for the team and implement in order to assist, support and improve performance.
The Production Manager should have the following skills or experience:
- Degree qualified in Chemistry or a Chemical Engineering subject.
- Demonstrated experience working in a similar role.
- Experience of structured problem-solving techniques such as Six Sigma and Lean.
- Experience of implementing talent and workforce planning strategies.
- A good understanding of EHS management principles.
This is an excellent opportunity for anyone with proven leadership and decision-making skills to develop your career. In return for your experience, this Royston based speciality chemicals company will offer you:
- Excellent benefits
- An opportunity to take a leading role with a FTSE 100 specialty chemicals company
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon. If you have experience of speciality chemical production and you want to be considered, please apply today. If you have any questions about the Production Manager role, please contact Paul Branton at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01268 455525.