£26k - 29k per year + Pension, Health-plan
01384 446 174
4 months ago
Permanent position within General Manufacturing and Engineering
Salary Circa £28,000 plus excellent benefits
We have been asked to assist in the recruitment of an exceptional Production Leader, who can manage teams using manufacturing and production experience, data, and enthusiasm.
Leading from the front, you will positively manage a manufacturing team, providing guidance, direction, and strategy, and in turn delivering a quality product, on time, to cost and to an expected standard.
This organisation is a well-established and respected manufacturer of specialist equipment, providing solutions to several European original equipment manufacturers. They are keen to add people management experience to several positions they are recruiting for.
As Production Leader you will be responsible for the efficient operation of your area within the Manufacturing function.
- To provide support to the Manufacturing Manager with the day-to-day management of your manufacturing area.
- Provide leadership and line management to the team, coordinating their workloads, providing support to ensure that the team delivers, monitoring any issues, and ensuring production targets,
- Key Performance Indicators (KPIs), and quality standards are met to meet the requirements of the customer.
- Develop the team by focusing on individual performance and support requirements to achieve high standards, whilst fostering a culture of working safely.
As Production Leader your key responsibilities and duties will be:
Delivering manufacturing excellence by ensuring:
- People and resources are applied in an efficient and effective manner to meet delivery requirements while achieving quality and safety standards.
- Team members follow defined manufacturing procedures and comply with quality requirements.
- Maintain full adherence to 5S (Sort, Set in Order, Shine, Standardize, always Sustain) practices.
- All records are completed appropriately.
- Non-conforming material is clearly identified and segregated.
- An escalation procedure for quality concerns is followed.
- Achievement of production throughput against stated capacity targets.
- Team are aware of day-to-day targets and responsibilities.
- Manage work order closures and stock control transactions.
- Maintain visible lead for adherence to procedures and instructions.
- Monitor and maintain all safety equipment and tools including calibration.
- Support root cause analysis and resolve problems.
- Identify business improvement opportunities within the organisation.
- Conduct risk assessments of processes and tasks in the department.
- Responsible for day-to-day management of team including absence management, holidays, and training of operators for products and processes within the local team.
- Consistently promote high standards through personal example and roll out through the team so that each member of the team understands the standards and behaviours expected of them.
- Support, comply and ensure complicity with Health & Safety regulations, the Company Handbook, Quality and Environmental standards, and all other Company policies and procedures.
Qualifications required/ desirable.
- BTec first certificate or equivalent NVQ level 2 qualification
- Six Sigma Qualification
Experience required / desirable.
- Experience in manufacturing environment
- Competence in problem solving, team building, planning and decision making.
- Demonstrable evidence of leading a team.
- Ability to communicate with employees at all levels of the business.
- Understanding and ability to work in an SME.
- Lean manufacturing/kaizen experience
- ERP systems knowledge
This is an excellent role for the right candidate looking to push on in their career. If you have strong Team Leadership skills gained in a manufacturing and production environment, with a recognised qualification, perhaps a HND or HNC, you may have a Lean Manufacturing qualification, then we are keen to hear from you.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.