IT Systems Engineer
UK & International 50/50 Office/Field Based
Salary range £30-35000 p/a
Job Description Information
As an ambitious Systems Engineer, are you thinking about your next career step, keen to grow your own potential and carve out your niche in an entrepreneurial, dynamic Industrial IT business?
Based in Nottingham, our client are an IIoT and High Availability technology infrastructure specialists for major UK & International Enterprise and Channel clients in the Manufacturing, Utilities & Healthcare sectors.
Ideally, you'll be from an IT solutions, Systems Integration, Manufacturing or similar industry background with a strong desire to get into "the Internet of Things".
We're committed to investing in our people, so a continual professional development plan will be created for our new Systems Engineer.
Primarily covering the North and the Midlands, but also the rest of the UK and some International territories.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Full employment experience: preferably at least 3 years' experience working in a technical role, supporting Servers and Back office functions in a VMware/Windows environment, Enterprise SAN management, ideally in in Manufacturing, Oil, Gas or Utilities sectors
- "Tech savviness" with knowledge of Industrial IT/OT or PLC & SCADA platforms and technologies
- Systems Integrator / Automation experience would be advantageous
- £30k salary
- Promotional track for success - we promote "talent" from within
- In-depth training programme - we're committed to investing in our team
Working as part of a dynamic team, responsible for implementing, operating and supporting virtual infrastructure (VMware) and providing backup and recovery services (using software such as Veeam), to an exceptional standard for our on-premise and cloud based customers.
- Carrying out project work for customers including new hardware installations, migrations, and upgrades
- Carrying out regular maintenance visits for customers, on-premise or cloud
- Provide pro-active, remote monitoring of client systems either on-premise or cloud
- Providing technical support via telephone, email, remote control sessions and onsite to end customers
- Dealing with advanced issues and tickets provided by Service Desk, escalating to Service Manager
- Manage and interpret customer needs by gaining a solid understanding of the our customer's plans and by developing an excellent working relationship with them
- Work closely with the Sales Team throughout customer negotiations and assist with the creation of sales proposals
- Maintain an appropriate level of technical knowledge to facilitate in-depth presentations and discussions with customers
Desirable Skills & Experience:
You will have strong project and support experience in the following:
- VMware vSphere/vCentre experience
- SAN Storage
- Backup Solutions
- Basic datacentre connectivity & environmental principles
- Fibre Channel Networking
- Cisco UCS or converged infrastructure
- Siemens SCALANCE switches
- Networking - DHCP, DNS, VLANs, VPNs, WAN + switching & routing
- Microsoft Server configuration and administration
- Awareness of modern security technologies, inc. application level firewalls
Must have a strong skills in areas such as:
- Ability to prioritise and organise workload, working under pressure and to strict deadlines
- Excellent verbal communication skills with the ability to explain technical jargon to clients in plain English
- Excellent written communication skills with the ability to create, update and maintain knowledge documentation and reports
- Capable of positioning business benefits and selling the value of new technology solutions to customers
Special Requirements / Other:
- Bachelor's degree in Electronic Engineering, IT or related field (preferred)
- We will require you to have a Full UK Driving Licence and your own vehicle
- Current passport to allow unhindered travel throughout the EU and NA/SA
If you are interested in a role like this, please apply now, or send your CV and an introductory email to email@example.com or call 01384 446145 for a discreet conversation.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.