Job Title: Production Engineering Technician (contract)
Location: Milton Keynes
A Production Engineering Technician is required with knowledge of RF and Microwave products. Candidates with electronics experience would be well received.
This company based in Milton Keynes requires a forward-thinking Production Engineering Technician with assembly method and test equipment experience for a 6-month contract.
Main Job Purpose:
- To support the transfer of new products from Engineering to Manufacturing.
- To provide manufacturing support as required to meet project timescales.
- To support R&D initiatives to improve manufacturing techniques and products, reducing cycle times, removing waste and increasing quality and repeatability.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- To support NPI by working with the Engineering and Manufacturing teams as required.
- To develop strong working relationships with other team members within Engineering, Manufacturing and Quality
- Produce prototype assemblies and test fixtures.
- Produce detailed assembly and test documentation to ensure accurate manufacture of high quality products
- Commission new equipment to fulfil manufacturing requirements
- Measure processes and identify improvement opportunities
- Provide support to Operators / Technicians in product manufacture
- Assist with the acceptance of new orders, checking BOM's, routings, test procedures, product specifications etc.
Key Competencies Required:
- A working knowledge of RF and Microwave products, assembly methods and test equipment.
- Ability to assemble and test complex RF and Microwave products.
- Good inter-personnel skills with the ability to communicate at all levels.
- Must be competent in using Microsoft Office Word and Excel.
Work Experience & Qualifications:
- Worked within Production Engineering or Development Engineering to transfer products into production.
- Industry experience is as relevant as academic qualifications, but a HNC (or higher) in an electronic discipline would be desirable.
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon. If you want to be considered, please apply today. If you have any questions about the Production Engineering Technician, please contact Georgia Silk at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01384 446 147.