A CI Production Engineering Manager is required to join an established company with a strong reputation in the defence electronics sector. The successful applicant will be from a production / manufacturing background with experience of electronics. The purpose of this position is to manage client relationships and manufacturing programmes in the operations department of high-tech RF and microwave components.
Responsibilities of the Production Engineering Manager will include the following:
- Day-to-day Management of the Production Engineering team to ensure all key tasks within the group are covered, ensuring equipment and processes are maintained to support manufacturing targets, and development projects have required Production Engineering input.
- Responsible for establishing measures for current state of key products and business processes, and defining improvement activities focussed on achieving agreed productivity targets
- Head cross-functional CI teams to drive process change, monitoring and reporting CI project progress
- Conduct capital expenditure projects to justify, identify, purchase and introduce new equipment into the manufacturing facility
The Production Engineering Manager should have the following skills or experience:
- Experience in a Continuous Improvement complex engineering environment.
- In depth experience of managing CI projects and New Product Introductions from defence, aerospace or complex electronics manufacturing background is essential.
- Extensive knowledge and experience in the application of 6 sigma LEAN manufacturing techniques.
- Experience of managing multi disciplined teams including Process and Production Engineers, third party stakeholders and other internal functions
This is an excellent opportunity for to develop your career in project management and electronics production. In return for your experience, this Milton Keynes based company will offer you:
- Competitive salary
- Flexible benefits package.
- Non-standard pension scheme.
For further information on the Production Project Manager position please contact Tom Duckett at Jonathan Lee Recruitment.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.