Production Engineering Manager – Nuneaton, Warwickshire
Salary up to £70,000 (DOE) + benefits
A Production Engineering Manager is required for an innovative SME Manufacturing business involved in niche high volume precision machined assemblies. Operating from a new purpose-built facility the company have invested in the latest automated m/c tools, robotic automation, connected assembly equipment and test facilities that will give full product traceability. With a product that has applications on a global basis the next few years will see a dramatic increase in demand for its innovative range of products. To compliment the Design & Engineering expertise within the business the company is now looking to strengthen their manufacturing capability and wish to recruit a dynamic and forward-thinking Production Engineering Manager to help move the business into volume manufacture. As Production Engineering Manager you will have an in-depth understanding of lean manufacturing and 6 Sigma methodologies. It is important that your track record demonstrates an ability to manage, train, coach and work with people to create a culture of sustainable continuous improvement that can deliver exacting SQCD targets.
To be considered for this Production Engineering Manager position you must have or be:
- Experience working in a medium to high volume, precision, CNC machining, automated assembly and test environment, employing process and product traceability methods.
- An understanding of modern lean manufacturing techniques that could include ToC, JIT, 5S, SOP, 6 Sigma, SMED, OEE, Kanban and pull systems. Problem solving tools such as 8D, DMAIC, 5 Why, and root cause analysis will be essential in this role.
- A strong manufacturing and production engineering background ideally supported by qualifications to degree level with post degree qualifications in management.
- A real passion for continuous improvement and implementing simple, meaningful and effective KPIs.
- An understanding of cell manufacturing and establishing, pull-based, kanban production systems incorporating internal and supplier line side feed and a no-fault forward mentality
- An ability to manage, coach, train and educate employees in modern manufacturing techniques, able to generate a high-performance culture focussed on delivery and excellent customer service
- Dynamic, data driven, numerate with a good understanding of capacity planning, production scheduling and bottleneck management.
- Excellent communication skills, verbal, written and presentation, able to motivate create understanding and engagement.
The role of Production Engineering Manager presents a great opportunity to get involved with a company that has moved from R&D to full production prototypes and is now planning to move into full volume production. Your knowledge and experience will play an essential part in the next phase of the growth. As Production Engineering Manager you will have excellent leadership, management and decision-making skills with a focus based on Safety, Quality, Cost, Delivery and developing a team that will deliver the highest levels of customer service. A great opportunity to develop an industry 4.0 class leading manufacturing operation.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Executive Search, a leading technical and industrial consultancy. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Executive Search are those of an Employment Agency.