Attractive Salary + bonus + benefits
The Engineering Manager is a senior role responsible for the development of best in class and innovative manufacturing processes, the research and development of the latest manufacturing technologies, the improvement of all production capability. The role will you support the industrialisation and launch of new products into manufacturing, working with design teams and suppliers to ensure best in class manufacturing processes are delivered to eet product demands, managing the procurement of all new production assets, jigs & fixtures, tooling and capital equipment.
What’s in it for you:
- A competitive salary and benefits which includes 10% bonus, competitive pension,
- Life assurance, health benefits scheme
- Working for the number 1 leader in their field, a global manufacturer with a 100 year heritage.
- Progressive career development opportunities.
As an Engineering Manager you will be responsible for:
- New product launch and industrialisation, working with design engineering to delivery manufacturing solution from concept through to production within a machining/fabrication/heavy engineering environment.
- Must have deep knowledge and understanding of Manufacturing Production Systems, Process Improvement, CI being able to apply them to the work environment, to drive improvement and efficiencies.
- Demonstrable understanding of Health & Safety legislation, Company policies and QA procedures, particularly related to maintenance and infrastructure management.
- Experience of Forging, Casting, Machining and Fabrication along with Assembly.
- Strong leadership and communication skills used to pull together cross functional teams to deliver manufacturing solutions for new products, addressing concerns and issues during the prototype build phase and manufacturing trials.
- The preparation and presentation of business cases for CAPEX projects.
As an Engineering Manager you will need the following skills and experience:
- Have managed a team of direct reports of manufacturing engineers, CAE, CNC programmers and tooling engineers as to maximise performance.
- Provide technical support and manage a programme of lean manufacturing changes to increase productivity output, improve profits and reduce the cost of poor quality.
- Be able to engage Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEM’s), research the next strategic innovative manufacturing solution that will support and enhance the manufacturing capabilities within the business.
- Operate in accordance with the Company Quality Assurance System and help improve and develop processes.
- Ensure compliance with Company procedures, including Quality and HSE management processes, including sub-contractors.
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon. If you have knowledge in taking new products into manufacturing within a heavy engineering, machining, fabrication and/or capital equipment arena devising processes, equipment and systems and want to be considered, please apply today. If you have any questions about the Engineering Manager role, please contact Mark Bignell at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01384 446167 or email email@example.com
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.