Birmingham, West Midlands
£26000 - £37000.00 per annum
about 2 years ago
Automotive Tier 1 Supplier
£26,000 - £36,000 plus benefits
This manufacturing organisation is part of a wider, global automotive tier 1, supplying into all the major Japanese and European OEM's. The business has gone through major investment and restructure which has only strengthened the organisation.
Due to this expansion, the business has asked us to recruit an exceptional Production Engineer to provide engineering support on continuous improvement projects, you will provide technical support and expertise for all NPI and Kaizen projects and provide quick and effective response to all unplanned equipment and tool breakdowns at the commissioning stage.
You will also identify machine and process kaizen ideas to improve existing process reliability and cycle time and assist all layout change activity including disconnecting, moving and installing plant and equipment as required.
Key areas of responsibility:
- Minimise downtime of production facility caused by machine failure.
- Development of TPM within given area of business to improve machine availability.
- Demonstrable use of Practical Problem-Solving Tools and Techniques in solving complex problems and evaluating breakdowns >30minutes.
- Able to demonstrate kaizen project results in terms of cost, quality, H&S and/or environment improvements.
- To constantly improve and develop the process to ensure an efficient operation.
As Production Engineer, we are keen to talk to candidates that are:
- Ideally apprenticeship serviced.
- BTEC, NVQ or similar qualifications in Manufacturing Engineering.
- Experience in a mass production environment (essential), automotive industry (desirable).
- Understanding of robotics (ideally Panasonic and Fanuc).
- Pneumatics and Hydraulics (desirable).
- Electrical experience (desirable).
- Good understanding of health, safety and environmental requirements, and be able to show a good track record in these areas.
- Computer literate with experience of Microsoft office applications.
- Experience working with CAD, including 2D and 3D.
- Able to read and interpret technical drawings and manuals.
- Practical Problem-Solving tools and techniques.
- Experience of TPM systems.
- Understanding of LEAN principles / Six Sigma qualification.
- Basic knowledge of statistical methods.
- Knowledge of measurement equipment in production.
- Understanding of relevant IATF/16949 requirements.
We are also keen to see applications from Production Engineers who have experience of wet, gluing and primer applications in an automotive environment.
This organisation is well established and supplies into multiple OEM's not just one, so it offers a more stable commercial environment.
If you are interested in the role, please apply for more information.