Salary: £35,000 p/a
We are currently working with our client based in the Bristol area who is currently recruiting for a Production Engineer to work within their project team to ensure that production has all information and materials to successfully manufacture equipment to our client's requirements.
The role will be assisting the project management team with the effective running of projects to ensure they meet client and contract requirements, including budget, programme, quality and safety.
- To attend company internal Technical Review Meetings and assist with reviewing the manufacturability (agree process steps and methodology) of the contract with the project management and production teams.
- Complete project planning tool (Contract Control Sheet) with project team to ensure all aspects of the project are managed, from material ordering to subcontracting.
- Control small order contracts from receipt of client purchase order to final invoicing and communicate with clients as required.
- Review technical manufacturing drawings and provide copies to production.
- Create quality documentation for production, which includes, Quality Plans, Works Instruction Quality Plan, Inspection & Test Plans, Material Document Checklist and General Procedures.
- Issue all quality documentation to all engineering and production teams.
- Using AutoCAD 2D and Autodesk 3D software, produce sketches and drawings for subcontractors, suppliers and clients.
- Produce DXF's to allow material profiling to be carried out in the most effective way by subcontract profiling companies. Some profiles will require developments to be drawn for complex shapes.
- Create material requisition forms for materials and proprietary items. Purchase orders may also be required for materials and product routing.
- Create Works Order document, which provides clear instruction to production detailing fabrication and machining requirements.
- Action Process Inspection Defect Reports and create technical queries, production permits and concessions to resolve the defect officially with the client.
- Create labels and carriage information for production to enable equipment to be transported to the client site location.
- Create Delivery Advice Release Notes, which lists in detail all equipment that is to be despatched from our works.
- Assist the commercial department and project management teams with detailed breakdowns to support claims or variations.
- Provide support to the Primavera P6 Planner to populate project programmes when required by the project management team.
Main Daily Activates:
- Review specifications as required from specification sheet.
- Improve production processes in terms of time assist.
- Specify tooling, jigs and fixtures, design and implement.
- Look through customer drawings.
- Raise drawing / quality / procedures / specification / document tracking register.
- Print copies of drawings and specifications for shopfloor (as required with works order).
- Complete works order front sheet (Quality Plan).
- Raise inspection and test plans.
- Raise material document checklist - created from Contract Control Sheet.
- Raise general procedures (fabrication, packing, cleaning etc).
- Create sketches / drawings for materials or subcontractors (dxf's, machining details etc - if required) and ensure checked and approved before sending.
- Add sketches and drawings to drawing register in document tracking register.
- Raise purchasing requisition & update Contract Control Sheet.
- Add purchase order numbers to Contract Control Sheet (BOM).
- Raise works order register in document tracking register.
- Raise works orders, including routing and issue to production.
- Take photos during manufacture.
- Liaise with production on a regular basis.
- Raise technical query register in document tracking register.
- Raise technical queries and pass to project manager.
- Complete process inspection defect reports.
- Raise production permit / concession register in document tracking register.
- Raise production permit / concession.
- Update redline drawings with answers to TQs / PP / AC and update document tracker register with redline issue.
- Create labels for completed equipment.
- Take photos of packed goods.
- Raise delivery / advise / release notes.
Experience & Qualifications:
- Knowledge of manufacturing techniques, ideally with up to 2 years experience in an engineering fabrication environment.
- Qualified and/or experienced engineer with knowledge of metal fabrication and welding processes.
- Experience with AutoCAD 2D drawing software and possibly Autodesk Inventor 3D software (not essential).
- Experience in creating quality documents e.g. Manufacturing Quality Plan and Inspection and Test Plans.
- Experience with Word and Excel software.
- Good general understanding of contracts.
- Numerate and with good IT skills.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills, with suppliers, subcontractors and clients.
- Process improvement tool knowledge.
If you are interested in applying for this role or would like more information please contact Lee Elwell on 01384 446 154 (Direct Line) or your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.