Job Title: Production Engineer
Salary: £20,000 to £27,000
A Production Engineer is required to join a leading provider of subcontract metal finishing to support their continuing progression and expansion of their engineering team.
This is a brand new position and requires an individual looking to develop their mechanical engineering and process engineering skills.
As Production Engineer your responsibilities will include;
- Work closely with engineering to deliver projects with minimum disruption to production.
- Review, improve and introduce standard operating procedures for all aspect of production and ensure process capability whist driving quality throughout.
- Lead process improvement projects utilising the latest techniques (Lean/CI).
- Provide technical support for the production teams to ensure product quality and operational efficiency are maintained.
- Identification of opportunities to introduce automated processes and/or equipment wherever suitable - including any project costing and justification.
As Production Engineer you will require the following skills and experiences;
- It is essential you have a basic level of knowledge and exposure to engineering and ideally come from a manufacturing background.
- Previous experience of process improvement is desirable.
- Knowledge and experience of metals coatings including electroplating, powder coating and material polishing would be ideal, but not essential as training will be provided.
- Ideally you will be either HNC qualified or already working towards HNC/HND level in mechanical/production engineering. Degree level qualification would be a positive but is also something the company will look to sponsor for future progression.
The role of Production Engineer is a permanent position offering a competitive salary for an ambitious individual looking to progress and develop.
If the above role is of interest to you please contact Ed Smith at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01384 446133 or email