Role: Production Engineer
£25,000 - £26,000 p/a
We are currently recruiting for an experienced Production Engineer to work for our client at their site in Oakham, the role will be working closely with its customers to ensure top quality products are delivered throughout the product lifecycle.
The role of Production Engineer is pivotal in liaising across our business areas to deliver effective solutions to engineering issues that may arise
- Delivery of production engineering solutions in response to new product introduction, design updates, process improvements and manufacturing needs.
- Establish productive working relationships with technical department in Italy to understand and implement quality and production engineering solutions.
- Understand, develop and use new initiatives that may improve our in house processes to become more efficient. Also use of kaizen, Lean Manufacturing, Six Sigma tools and techniques to further enhance our understanding, performance and overall quality.
- Understand and adhere to all Health and Safety procedures as well as identifying and addressing any additional risks that may arise.
- Close liaison with suppliers to design and manufacture tools, jigs and production aids.
Experience & Kownledge:
- Broad background skills in electro-mechanical product manufacture and test.
- Ability to read and understand electro-mechanical drawings.
- Strong problems solving skills with innovative solutions.
- Attention to detail and ability to work to tight timescales. Drive and enthusiasm.
- Excellent all round communication skills.
- Computer literate (excel/word/AutoCAD/project/PowerPoint) would be beneficial
- Strong team player, ability to work productively with others.
Skills & Qualifications:
- HNC/HND/Degree in electrical / mechanical Engineering
- Experience within similar medium scale production activity.
If you are interested in applying for this role or would like more information please contact Lee Elwell on 01384 446 154 (Direct Line) or your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.