Competitive Plus Benefits
MBI - 55702
5 months ago
Competitive plus Benefits (Negotiable)
Production, Manufacturing, Systems, Line Balancing, NPI, Assembly, Press, Fabrication, Process Improvement, Plant Layout
A Production Engineer is required with knowledge of the supporting product launch in to production from design, implementing robust processes and manufacturing improvements. Candidates with experience of the low volume and batch manufacturing within a general engineering arena to cover pressed, assembled and fabricated parts would be well received.
Due to our continued growth, we currently have a vacancy for a Production Engineer to join the team. This is an interesting and challenging opportunity, offering a competitive salary and benefits, with the opportunity for progression and development.
Key Objectives of Production Engineer role:
- To work as part of the Production Department in supporting new product development and launch into the manufacturing environment
- To work alongside cross functional teams to include design, engineering and manufacturing in taking product designs from concept through into production
Main Responsibilities of the Production Engineer:
- Work with Design engineer to ensure all product and system requirements are taken into account from the initial product conception to the finished result
- Creation SOP's to support the manufacture of new components to ensure quality standards and productivity demands are achieved
- Support the development of jigs/fixtures/tooling for product manufacture
- Create and develop production work and test instructions
- Work with colleagues to complete project handover from R&D to production and purchasing departments
- Amend and update Bill of Materials as required
- Liaise with suppliers when necessary
- Work closely with other members of the Engineering team to ensure team objectives are met.
Person Specification & Key Requirements:
- Experience of working as a production, process or manufacturing engineer within an assembly, pressed or fabricated environment
- Ability to read engineering drawings
- Good project management, organisation and communication skills, coupled with a flexible and cooperative approach.
- Reliable, Innovative and Collaborative
This is an excellent opportunity for anyone with knowledge of assembly, pressed or fabricated processes, who has worked as a Production, Manufacturing and/or Process Engineer seeking to develop your career. In return for your experience, this Sheffield based engineering company company will offer you:
- Competitive Salary and Benefits Package
- Career progression and development within a forward thinking and expanding organisation in a niche arena
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon. If you have knowledge of working as a Production/Manufacturing/Process Engineer and you want to be considered, please apply today. If you have any questions about the Production Engineer’s role, please contact Mark Bignell at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01384 446167 or email email@example.com .
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.