£28k - 32k per year
about 1 year ago
Job Title: Production Engineer
Salary: £28,000 - £32,000 depending on experience
We are currently recruiting for an experienced production engineer to work at our client’s site in Bedford, the role will require the successful candidate to work within an ISO 9001 environment, to provide an effective service to manufacturing on production and handling methods.
Duties to include but not be exclusive to:
- Determine all manufacturing methods of new products together with the individual operational standard time.
- Produce and amend programs for all CNC machines using CAM systems and produce associated set-up sheets and tooling lists.
- Examine new machine tools, cutting tools and associated media and processes through journals, visiting other users and attending exhibitions.
- Investigate and prepare justification for capital equipment.
- Select and co-ordination of suitable sub-contract sources, with accountability for quality, price and delivery.
- Train and assist engineers and other employees such as operators and apprentices.
- Be involved in cross-functional project teams in improving the efficiency of the manufacturing process.
- Examine other activities that is services to production and to recommend changes for improved productivity.
- Lead in the introduction of new machine tools, providing support to the shop floor during the initial periods.
- Design jigs, fixtures and tooling equipment necessary for production.
- Working to engineering drawings at ISO 9001:2015 standards
- Demonstrable knowledge and understanding of metal cutting, turning and milling/drilling.
- Competent in programming CNC machine tools, using CAM.
- Demonstrable experience of process planning products through the manufacturing processes.
- Ability to work efficiently to deadlines
- Good attention to detail
- Flexible and hardworking
- Ability to prioritise
- Calm under pressure
- A team player, with an efficient and proactive approach.
If you are interested in applying for this role or would like more information please contact Mark Bignell. Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.